Thread: Anschutz Mod 220 Match

Anschutz Mod 220 Match

I have been offered an Anschutz Mod 220 which is of interest as it is a true left hand built match rifle. The condition is superb as you can see. There is a minor issue with the cocking lever not latching, but I don't have any further details on that at present.

Being a leftie I am interested in this, but rifles not being my thing I have no idea what to offer him for it.

Any ideas guys ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I have been offered an Anschutz Mod 220 which is of interest as it is a true left hand built match rifle. The condition is superb as you can see. There is a minor issue with the cocking lever not latching, but I don't have any further details on that at present.

Being a leftie I am interested in this, but rifles not being my thing I have no idea what to offer him for it.

Any ideas guys ?

Wow, you don't often see them in that sort of condition! Got to be worth £250 plus, I would imagine. Then again, it is a leftie...
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Wow, you don't often see them in that sort of condition! Got to be worth £250 plus, I would imagine. Then again, it is a leftie...
    So £250 PLUS.

ATB
    Ian (a leftie)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thanks Danny & Ian

Better get the deal done It does look a 'Cracker'

[Slightly off topic. Sorry]

I recently bought a complete Anschutz 250. A few years ago I managed to buy a '250 action only in excellent condition, that had come from the Wallis & Wallis Webley auction. I couldn't find a '250 stock (at the right money) so had a Original 52 one modified. It did the job - kind of. Now the r/h stock off my latest acquisition is being repaired and refurbished and, hopefully, I will end up with a very tidy 10m match rifle plus a spare action ( & kinda stock ) which I may put up for sale on here.

The 250, and I dare say the 220, are excellent rifle to shoot and well worth the £250 asking price IF in good working order. You get a lot of rifle for your money - just removing the stock and inspecting the trigger mechanism is daunting enough.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    [Slightly off topic. Sorry]

I recently bought a complete Anschutz 250. A few years ago I managed to buy a '250 action only in excellent condition, that had come from the Wallis & Wallis Webley auction. I couldn't find a '250 stock (at the right money) so had a Original 52 one modified. It did the job - kind of. Now the r/h stock off my latest acquisition is being repaired and refurbished and, hopefully, I will end up with a very tidy 10m match rifle plus a spare action ( & kinda stock ) which I may put up for sale on here.

The 250, and I dare say the 220, are excellent rifle to shoot and well worth the £250 asking price IF in good working order. You get a lot of rifle for your money - just removing the stock and inspecting the trigger mechanism is daunting enough.

ATB
    Ian
    I never thought you would part with the "purple peril", but when the correct r/h stock is back, can I picture the complete Annie 250 for bobsairguns before you decide to sell it please?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I never thought you would part with the "purple peril", but when the correct r/h stock is back, can I picture the complete Annie 250 for bobsairguns before you decide to sell it please?
    No problems Bob. Do you want one with me holding it? I wont be selling the complete, correctly stocked 250 in the near future but I may sell the spare action and 52 stock to someone as a project.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    No problems Bob. Do you want one with me holding it?

ATB
    Ian
    Having seen your photographic pose in a recent air rifle magazine I am tempted to go for something rather more attractive - like a plain white sheet
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Having seen your photographic pose in a recent air rifle magazine I am tempted to go for something rather more attractive - like a plain white sheet
    Over my head?