Thread: BSA rear sight bits

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two

BSA rear sight bits

I've put a thread up in wanted, but knowing that the gentlemen of this particular corner of the BBS tend not to stray into the riff raff, wondered if anyone can help.

Just got hold of a Superstar, which is missing parts of the rear sight.
    Anybody got a damaged one with the required bits?

Pic of current sight showing what is left (and an idea of what's needed)
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Chippendale is online now Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    I have just looked in Chambers they seem to have all the bits in stock except the sight base, nice gun the Superstar, remember don't open the loading cover unless
    you have cocked it.

Regards

Chippendale (with clothes on)

Yep, previously looked on Chambers, they have most but not all parts, otherwise a complete sight, but need to keep costs down as far as possible, meant to be a budget project.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Thumbs up

Paul

Unfortunately i'm fairly sure that the plastic bit that's snapped off is moulded on to the upside down yoke bit so I think you may need the full sight..

Have a look on fleabay for item number 281082595396

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Paul

Unfortunately i'm fairly sure that the plastic bit that's snapped off is moulded on to the upside down yoke bit so I think you may need the full sight..

Have a look on fleabay for item number 281082595396

John
    Nope, check Chambers, the plastic bit slides freely from side to side on the yoke bit on the windage screw.
    As for 281082595396, I had my eye on it but will refrain from bidding to avoid driving the price up against a fellow member, to both our detriments - & I don't need one urgently anyway, there'll be another one along soon.

For a budget tip - that chewed up fixing screw - B1092 £2.87 plus P+P on Chambers? You can substitute a screw from a socket or lightswitch - I'm sure they are different on paper but in reality they are so close it doesn't matter. You just need to cut it to length & black the head somehow.
    I've just got a bag of 100 plated brass ones & I'm happy to pop one in an envelope if it will help?

hi

paul i visit the other side the rif raf side , as you call it and gave you some infrmation on parts you wanted yes.Dont know why i put my self out ,no answer weather it was any good or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunman61 View Post
    paul i visit the other side the rif raf side , as you call it and gave you some infrmation on parts you wanted yes.Dont know why i put my self out ,no answer weather it was any good or what.
    Thanks for the heads up, however when I had a hunt of fleabay after your message, nothing showed up, and as I've mentioned above, have looked at the new spares option, although trying to avoid full price for a complete sight if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    Nope, check Chambers, the plastic bit slides freely from side to side on the yoke bit on the windage screw.
    As for 281082595396, I had my eye on it but will refrain from bidding to avoid driving the price up against a fellow member, to both our detriments - & I don't need one urgently anyway, there'll be another one along soon.

For a budget tip - that chewed up fixing screw - B1092 £2.87 plus P+P on Chambers? You can substitute a screw from a socket or lightswitch - I'm sure they are different on paper but in reality they are so close it doesn't matter. You just need to cut it to length & black the head somehow.
    I've just got a bag of 100 plated brass ones & I'm happy to pop one in an envelope if it will help?
    Thanks on both counts Oliver.
    I'll go through my "selection" of screws first and get back to you if that's ok?

Have got the item number you mention in watching, remains to be seen what they go for, especially as I don't need the foresight.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post

Wow!

Oliver, I always thought they were moulded on!

Must say, i've several Beesas with those sights and never looked close enough at them by the looks of it

CHeers, John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

thanks

I am after a set, so i will watch the flebay number 281082595396. this will be up the £20 price.

Still living in hope that somebody has one with a damaged base perhaps

Still on the look out