Thread: Webley Osprey .22 'Target' - Collectable Air Rifle?

Webley Osprey .22 'Target' - Collectable Air Rifle?

Having recently packed up my property for moving home I have come across my old air rifle and wondered, in the first instance, what value it may hold, and secondly where might I be able to sell it?

It works fine, and the little research I have undertaken leads me to believe it may be of the 'Target' version due to the hexagonal block at the muzzle. It has a right hand lever with dual dial rear mounted scope.
    I have a variety of photographs available, but other than this I do not really know what direction to head. It is of little use to me, but obviously I wanted to ensure that I gained a fair price for what is a classic air rifle, and ensure that its sale was above board and responsible.

Any help with direction regarding either of these queries?

Hi Hoplino

I think that an ordinary Osprey is classed as collectible as they've been out of production for years so a Supertarget would be even more even more desireable as they didn't sell in huge numbers

As for a valuation- I'm hopeless in that department but if you link to a couple of decent quality pics, the experts on here will give you a good guideprice i'm sure

Welcome to the forum

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks John,

I hope the below links work, maybe there are others out there that can help, in the first instance to identify the model in the photographs accurately. I used to use it on my farm, having inherited it from an old family friend some years ago. Now without land, or the time to play around much anymore I was hoping someone else might make some use of it. It has the serial number 04833

Many Thanks

Paul

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94357551@N06/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9435755...in/photostream