Thread: new air pistol: Hammerli AP20

new air pistol: Hammerli AP20

Just an FYI hammerli have released this recently.
    http://www.schiesssport-buinger.de/s.../Hammerli-AP20

Targeted as a begininer / intermediate pistols with a light weight, lower price point and interesting cylinder configuration options. Manufactured by Walther.

http://www.carl-walther.de/public/do...DSB_EK2_V6.pdf

Could be an interesting alternative for clubs looking for pistols.

That is a very interesting pistol and competitively priced. I am a little unsure about the usefulness of the 2 position cylinder. I feel that the potential market for this pistol would be more price conscious than feature sensitive. I do hope that the cylinder threads and filling adapter are more robust than its predecessor, the AP40. We have had considerable problems with our club AP40 and eventually resorted to re-engineering the cylinder valve and adapter.

The price of €699 roughly equates to £595.00. If it goes on sale in the UK for that all will be well, but no doubt it will be pitched at between £750-800.

I hope that I am wrong.

Rutty
    Last edited by Rutty; 26-03-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammar

well its the exact same price as the AR20 rifle so we can expect the same inflation so it will be just over £700. which is just plain silly Rip off Britain strikes again.
    The cylinder thing may be a bit gimicky as not sure about the usefulness for the younger / less strong shooter but hey, I like gimmicky things

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

New Hammerli

All the previous "new" Hammerli's have been re engineered old designs from the original Hammerli products, this will be the first real new design released by Walther but using the Hammerli name for its budget range.
    It looks a clever design and I would expect it to be worthwhile, sadly the price may be inflated when it gets here although there are ways to get it at the European price, although the pound has dropped a lot recently against the Euro.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

It does look as if it could be an interesting gun, but price-wise even in Germany, it's not cheap. If I was thinking of spending that amount, I would go the extra mile and get the Steyr on the same page. No problems for resale in the future. If the Hammerli doesn't pick up sufficient snob appeal, a later sale could be a loser.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.