The restoration of my Feinwerkbau Model 150 is going very well so far.

All of the metal parts are now back from having a new coat of blue, and the new set of seals are ready to be fitted during the re-assembly.

The stock has been stripped and I am sanding and steaming away the small blemishes ready to take a nice new oil finish instead of the damaged original "toffee apple" coloured thick brown varnish - not original I know - but a much better option for a working rifle (in my opinion) and since the bare metalwork had to be blued any original finish had been lost in any case.

The oil finish will also reveal and show the beautiful wood finish that had been hidden away for so many years under the factory applied toffee brown coat.

The problem I have is that I need to find a new butt-plate/grip as the original had "melted" - presumably due to being stood in a puddle of something like diesel for an extended period, making it completely unusable and impossible to repair.

Does anyone have a suitable butt pad/grip they would like to sell - or know where I can buy a new one?

I am told that an adjustable 300S butt pad assembly will fit - if this is so then it may help to spread the search nets over a wider area as there must be more chance of finding one of these.