Thread: rear adjustable iris

rear adjustable iris

Hello,
    I am looking at getting an adjustable rear iris for my Original 75.before I commit to buying one, I just need need to know if the thread is the same as the new ones for sale making it a straight swap.
    Thank-you Phil

I fitted a Centra Basic 0.8-1.8 iris to the diopter on my Original 66, it was a straight swap.

Thanks

Thanks ,I will order one now to try .I was looking at the Anschutz Basic Iris 9775 in orange,

O.k ,I have ordered the iris .Do I need the tool supplied or is there anything you could use to get the old one off. At the moment it is very tight .
    If any one has a spare original tool they don't need ,I am looking for one .just drop me an inbox ,
    Thanks Phil

The new iris should be supplied with the appropriate tool.

My original iris has two flats machined directly behind the iris disk. There is sufficient room to use a standard open ended 17mm spanner to remove it.

If the old one is being stubborn then apply a little penetrating oil to the threads, don't spray it direct, just spray a little onto a screwdriver blade then transfer a drop to the appropriate spot. If that fails then you'll need to apply some heat to the old iris and using increasing amounts of force until it releases. Obviously do this off the rifle, you don't want to damage the diopter.

Sorted

Thanks 18 Wheeler .All sorted now ,fitted the new one tonight,just need to order a couple more front sights then get in to some training .