Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blimey .177 is it this easy?!

Ratpak Guest

Blimey .177 is it this easy?!

Received my new toy yesterday ( X2 Sport Walnut) fitted scope only had high mounts available to clear mag.

Zeroed at 30 yards, then continued to punch 10mm targets from 10 - 40 yards with zero holdover required, only require to hold over for 5 & 8 yards.

Blimey first time using this call, either I got lucky or is this the norm, when using .177 cal?

Hmmmm why have i been using .22, still the real test will be against live quarry although from what I can ascertain .177 should deliver the goods.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    normal.......
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpak
    Zeroed at 30 yards, then continued to punch 10mm targets from 10 - 40 yards with zero holdover required, only require to hold over for 5 & 8 yards.
    So you going to be course champ at Shepreth now then Hey
    º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°UKAHFT°°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º

www.ukahft.co.uk

chris ballard Guest
    ****** glad you said this, I have only ever used .22 and having taken up shooting again, I am finding range estimation very awkward at typical ranges, particularly shooting where the quarry and I are at different heights Made the decision to change my order for the new PCP from .22 to .177, mainly after reading Tim Finlay's report in the mag. The shop owner said he wondered when I would get a grip Just got to get the thing now. I can punch sub 1" groups at 25m with the springer, but you can almost see the pellet flying like a cricket ball Minibb is chuffed to bits with his new .177 Axsor, so we will see There has been a hell of a delay as Logun were having problems getting enough barrels out of walther to satisfy demand

.177 makes it a piece of piddle, i think i only need a total variation of holdover/under of an inch with my scope between 10-40 yards, just need to hold it steady at x9 mag

JB
    Never eat yellow snow
    ---------------------------------------------------------

isn't it funny that more and more .22" shooters are coming out of the closet.

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Ratpak Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Exverminator
    So you going to be course champ at Shepreth now then Hey
    Lol only if im the only one who turns up! However said hopefully my scores will now improve :O) woot.

Gotta say the sport is a fine rifle, well balanced and good build quality.

See you Sunday Lou. Do you know if Tim is coming?

Cheers

I was allways a ''dyed in the wool'' .22 user, until i was given a new S400 in .177. What an eye opener!!
    Join the Free Speech Union
    ''All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to glaze over and resume scrolling''.

Quote Originally Posted by airgunner2388
    isn't it funny that more and more .22" shooters are coming out of the closet.

I've been out a long time now...

It is the way forward for sub 12ft/lb rifles IMO

Dazz

For a 1" KZ 37y is the optimum zero and equates to 1" holdover at 45y, in other words are you sure its wise to zero at 30y? when you can 37y with only .55" HU at 23~y?

Gary C Guest
    sorry mate

zero at 30 yards you wont hit a 10mm disc at 40 yards with no holdover. No way on Gods earth. Even zero'd at 35 yards it's near enough 20mm down at 40 yards

Sniper 296 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by snock
    I was allways a ''dyed in the wool'' .22 user, until i was given a new S400 in .177. What an eye opener!!
    weird that... its the same here but fancy a odd cal gun... .20

Old-gun Guest
    .177 ,,faster ,,,flatter ,,not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    sorry mate

zero at 30 yards you wont hit a 10mm disc at 40 yards with no holdover. No way on Gods earth. Even zero'd at 35 yards it's near enough 20mm down at 40 yards
    Chairgun agrees with Gary, with a 30y zero and 10mm kill no holdover will get you a hit @ 33y and no more. at 40y with a 30y zero youd be hitting -0.95"

Seb.

Ratpak Guest
    Shhhh Rob dont tell Gary C that