Thread: Crosman 2240

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crosman 2240

Good afternoon All,

Well i've only gone and done it !

I enjoyed a nice ride out on the train to Kirklees Guns, Huddersfield, parted with my £69.99 and got my 2240.
    I had been toying with a 2240 for a long time now, having looked at all the personal modifications you can do i felt the time was right !

First impressions, nice little shooter, as always i have started a list of tuning / cosmetic mods, hope the wife is in a good mood over the coming months.

I know alot of you guys (sorry, and girls) have quite substantial experience with the 2240 so any hints, tricks etc would be warmly welcomed.

Regards
    Simon

I too am a recent 2240 convert and there are loads of guys on here that will only be to pleased to show off their excellent and unique pistols.

Mine is less than a month old and has already cost me over £200! I have fitted the metal breech, a weaver rail, swift stubby silencer and a pistol scope.

As it's now looking pretty tactical I am considering my options for a torch\laser. Once done I plan to get another and make some wood grips for it and maybe try polishing it.

Enjoy your new toy!
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Best and cheapest upgrade is fitting a lighter trigger spring.
    this makes the pistol shoot better.

I collapsed the spring slightly and gave the mating surfaces of the trigger and sear a quick polish.

It lightened the trigger to half its original weight and made it much smoother. I plan to fit a trigger shoe as well.

A heavy trigger and a tendency for muzzle flip are the only bad things with this pistol, and both are easily fixed.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Steel Breech, extended probe and trigger kit.

SD and GMAC for the breech, GMAC or TR Robb for the trigger kit.

Also worth a look on the Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum - www.capof.net

Some ideas here, showing some of mine:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/27568...st+and+present

Another vote for the trigger kit, I've just fitted the GMAC one and its turned it into a totally different gun!