Thread: Wanted FWB300

Wanted FWB300

I've just started getting interested in 10m shooting having joined a local(ish) target club. I'm using the clubs FWB300 but ideally I'd like to get my own rifle.

At the moment I'm looking for a good quality FWB300 so if anyone knows of one or has one that they would be happy to let go them please let me know.

Alternatively if anyone has any advice on any other good novice 10m rifle then let me know.

Thanks.

Paul.

If possible, skip the 300 and look for a 601/2/3. The price differential shouldn't be too great and an SSP will last you longer than a 300, the shooting characteristics are much closer to a PCP. Whilst I acknowledge that the 300 was a great rifle, that was 40 years ago; I was shooting one then. Time has moved on and the 300 is probably now entering the "antiques and collectables" category, better to look at the SSPs for entry level.

Rutty

Thanks for the advice. Was just looking for a 300 as have been borrowing one at the club.

What sort of price would be reasonable for a 601/2 or 3? Also been looking at the AR20 which looks like its got some good reviews but a little out of my range at the moment.

A FWB601/2/3 is in a different league to the AR20. The disadvantage is that you have to put a little effort into operating the lever. Price, maybe £75-100.00 more than a 300 for a 601, a little more for the 602/3. Try and avoid the 600 unless it is very well looked after. The lever linkage was a bit prone to problems and suffered from wear. These issues were rectified on the 601. Wish that I'd never sold mine.

Rutty

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Beginner rifle

Sound advice from Rutty, the FWB 600/1/2 are superior to the budget AR20, much better to get a quality older rifle than a budget new one. Another SSP from the same era is the Walther LGR, a superb rifle and there's a very good one for sale on the Stirton site for £250 which is a good price.
    Have fun and good shooting,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Thanks guys for the advice. I prefer the older rifles anyway (especially as they are self contained).

i'll keep my eyes open for a FWB601/2/3 or a Walther LGR

Looks like I've found a very nice 601 so thanks for the advice.

Fwb300

Whiteleaves

If you are still looking for a FWB300 i mite still put mine up for sale,only not useing this anymore,have something else to use now
    It's a mk 1 model,shoots spot on,i have used this for both 6m & 10m comp's

Let me know if you are interested ?

Cheers LESMAN9
    AA EV2 .177 MTC 10x44
    HW100T Ginb .177 MTC 10x44
    www.rochfordac.co.uk