Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
Hi Brian, I can confirm that that the two types of trigger guard are perfectly interchangeable, so it was quite feasible for the old type of guard to be incorporated into late serial number guns if the manufacturer found it expedient to do so.

The various interactions between Clarke, Anson and Webley, all located within the same small area of Birmingham are certainly fascinating. There are all sorts of connections one can make between the Titans, Stars, Warriors, Britons and Webley pistols, and it is a pity that we will probably never know the true background to these. The important contribution that Clarke made to the design of the Webley pistols itself was one of the best kept secrets for many years before it became common knowledge.

One small correction: The leftover grips from Frank Clarke's Titan were actually used on the Anson Star, and as they fitted perfectly it must be assumed that the Star was designed with this potential money saving feature in mind. The Titan grips will not fit the Warrior as it has a different rake. However, Anson and Clarke probably did intend the Titan grips to be used on their Warrior in its early design stages, as there is an old Clarke catalogue with a sketch of a Warrior pistol fitted with the Titan grips. Something must have changed their mind before the Warrior went into production.
Hello,

Thanks for the correction regarding the grips which I must put down to my less than reliable memory. I actually own an Anson's Star with an incorrect pellet seater which happens to be the same one as used on the Britannia. I'm now on the lookout for a Britannia in poor enough condition to buy it just for the pellet seater!

Regards

Brian