Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all you Warrior owners

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe

Calling all you Warrior owners

I am doing a bit of research into the Warrior air pistol and would welcome the input of any of you collectors who are lucky enough to own, or have owned, one of these. At the moment I am concentrating on the second series Warriors – the ones with serial numbers, and I am trying to establish how many of these pistols were made, how many were made in .22 calibre, and when the large semicircular trigger guard changed to the sleeker recurved shape.

These second series air pistols were manufactured by Accles & shelvoke, Birmingham between 1933 and 1939, and serial numbers started from 1000. The earliest number I can find any record of so far is 1051 and the highest is 5816. So if you can tell me what serial numbered examples you have come across, what shape trigger guard and calibre they had I would be very grateful.

A recent similar thread on Acvoke serial numbers threw up some useful new information, so hopefully this might do the same.

I have No.5972 with the smaller trigger guard in .177 cal in the medallion box.

Hello,

The link below is to a picture of my second series Warrior Ser No 4544 which has the re curved trigger guard.

The pistol is in .177 calibre and came boxed with the later black and gold labeled box. Also included was an old packet of the recommended Bulldog pellets.

It's my understanding that the re curved trigger guard appeared after Ser No 3208 and It will be especially interesting to hear of any pistols in the much rarer .22 calibre of which I believe the highest known Ser No is 3334.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abasmaj...7625826379323/

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 01-04-2013 at 04:57 PM.

only recently found this one (number 1550) in 177 flavor.

brian.
    PS i would love to see a photo of somebody's boxed example for reference.
    Last edited by anightrains; 01-04-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Hi, I have a warrior in .177 number 3731 with the recurved trigger guard.
    Same as Brian's.

HTH ATB Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
    I have No.5972 with the smaller trigger guard in .177 cal in the medallion box.
    Looks like we have already discovered a Warrior with a higher Ser No (5972) than the previously recorded highest of 5816.

As far as I'm aware production ceased around 1939 at 6000.

Regards

Brian

Thanks

Yes, thanks everyone . Very useful information, especially the new highest serial number now on public record. Info' linking box type to serial numbers is also valuable.

The earliest recorded serlal number for the recurved trigger guard is still at 3208, so if anyone can beat that please let us know.

That's the great thing about this forum - people are happy to share their information, and where else could you collect data like this so effectively?

Hi,

The link below is to a very interesting 1930s advertisement for the Warrior courtesy of "Trev's Airgun Scrapbook".

http://www.flickr.com/photos/abasmaj...in/photostream

Interesting to see it described under the picture as a "compressed air revolver".

It would be great to hear of any examples of the first series pistols without Ser Nos.

Regards

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 03-04-2013 at 11:58 AM.

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.
    Good evening, my Warrior
    is number 2065 and has the recurve guard. It is in .177 and is nickel plated.
    Cheers Pete

Warrior

I have 4913 in 177 recurved trigger guard

Quote Originally Posted by corbett View Post
    Good evening, my Warrior
    Cheers Pete
    That's now the record for the earliest recurve trigger guard - I never expected that we could push the changeover so far back. The fact that your gun is nickelled is also very interesting as so few of these are known. I have only ever been able to handle in one in 30 years of collecting.

Hi l have se/nos 2098, 3656, 5141, and l have one without a se/no early model. l did have se/no 5830 all in .177 l also have se/no 1890 in .22 the last one was brought in 1999,
    sorry l can't help trigger guard shape as they are packed away l hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by corbett View Post
    Good evening, my Warrior
    Cheers Pete
    Hello Pete,

Any chance of a picture or two of your plated Warrior as I have never actually seen one with this rare finish.

Regards

Brian

Hi there; my Warrior is no. 4047 and it has the curved trigger guard.

Mine is S no 4549 in .177 the trigger guard does not recurve.

Ormicron