Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all you Warrior owners

Warrior

I have two examples. The first, in .177 calibre, is no.4047 and has the semicircular trigger guard; the second, in .22 calibre, is no. 5017 and has the recurved trigger guard.
    Very interesting post, this.

John

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    My Warrior is ser/num 1943 in .22 I will have to check the trigger guard when I get home as memory fails me on that.

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by pnird View Post
    I have two examples. The first, in .177 calibre, is no.4047 and has the semicircular trigger guard; the second, in .22 calibre, is no. 5017 and has the recurved trigger guard.
    Very interesting post, this.

John
    That is a surprisingly high serial number for the semicircular trigger guard, but it fits in with another reported example with the same type trigger guard which has the even higher number 4549. Currently the lowest known serial number with the second version trigger guard is 2065, so I think we can conclude that there was quite a long period of overlap between phasing out the large semicircular guard and introducing the neater recurved type, an overlap covering around 1500 production models.

No 3667 has the curved trigger guard and a .177 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    No 3667 has the curved trigger guard and a .177 barrel.
    When you say curved, do you mean the first type (semicircular) ?

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    When you say curved, do you mean the first type (semicircular) ?

Very similar to Brian's here -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/abasma...7625826379323/

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    So that's the second version. This fits in with the majority of the serial number data trend.

It seems that only serial numbers 4047 and 4549 are anomalous, having the old style guard, while others with serial numbers either side of these have the second style guard. Maybe Accles and Shelvoke ran out of the second style trigger guard for a short period and used some of the old ones they had lying around. It would be nice to know if any others in the serial number range 4047-4549 also had the old style guard.

My Warrior details -
    S.N. 5596
    Recurved trigger guard

Cheers, Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by Mzee View Post
    My Warrior details -
    S.N. 5596
    Recurved trigger guard

Cheers, Glyn
    Very high serial number but doesn't quite beat the highest yet reported.

warrior.

With ref. to your research on warriors. Ihave serial No. 4178 in .177 with recurved trigger guard.
    But also Warrior with a half moon guard, not recurved at the rear of guard in .22 calibre.Ser. No.1192.Not good with pics.
    afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    With ref. to your research on warriors. Ihave serial No. 4178 in .177 with recurved trigger guard.
    But also Warrior with a half moon guard, not recurved at the rear of guard in .22 calibre.Ser. No.1192.Not good with pics.
    afraid.
    Very useful data. So it now seems that serial numbers 4047 and 4549 are on their own with their old style trigger guard, and are not part of a short series. Serial numbers 3731, 4178, 4544, 4913, for example, all have the second style trigger guard and fit in with the general pattern.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    That is a surprisingly high serial number for the semicircular trigger guard, but it fits in with another reported example with the same type trigger guard which has the even higher number 4549. Currently the lowest known serial number with the second version trigger guard is 2065, so I think we can conclude that there was quite a long period of overlap between phasing out the large semicircular guard and introducing the neater recurved type, an overlap covering around 1500 production models.
    Just got home and checked mine(see earlier post) ser/num "1943" .22 and it has the later style recurved guard.

Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Just got home and checked mine(see earlier post) ser/num "1943" .22 and it has the later style recurved guard.
    Also very useful info, as this is the earliest serial number yet reported for the second style trigger guard. Serial numbers 1192 and 1550 have the first style guard.

Looking at the list of serial numbers acquired from this thread and from some other sources, out of 18 pistols, 12 were calibre .177 and 6 were .22. I know this is not exactly representative, but this is a surprisingly high proportion of .22 pistols considering how rare they are supposed to be.
    Last edited by ccdjg; 22-07-2016 at 09:33 PM.

My second series Warrior, s/n 2682, is in .177 cal and has the semi-circular trigger guard.
    Aubrey