Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Calling all you Warrior owners

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    Late to the party, but 6001 also has made in England stamped on the front of the grip

Well actually it has M[illegible]ENGLAND.

Edit: .177 Also blade rather than bead front sight
    Jerry, wondered if your specimen had a screw adjacent to the trigger on the right hand side. My #5924 also has a blade front sight.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    That's a great find Chris. It now holds the highest serial number record, and could have been one of the very last batch out of the factory, if not the last one itself. The unusual marking is a bonus and certainly a new one on me.

I am now in a position to put together a table summarising the information contained in this thread, so could you tell me the calibre of your pistol just to complete the record?

Thanks,
    John

6051 is in .177

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by slug-gun View Post
    6051 is in .177
    Thanks Chris. The list is now sorted out and I will put it in a new thread, as this one is now a bit complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    Jerry, wondered if your specimen had a screw adjacent to the trigger on the right hand side. My #5924 also has a blade front sight.

I was reading about that on Danny’s site. No, it doesn’t.

I notice our blades are opposite ways round.

Also here is what remains of made in England, in case anyone is interested

Last edited by Jerry Cornelius; 02-01-2022 at 02:11 PM.
    Morally flawed

6051 is in .177
    Chris, I forgot to ask you if the pistol had the blade fore sight found on late models? This would help firm up the third variant theory, and is particularly relevant with it being the last known production model.
    Thanks,
    John

Chris, I forgot to ask you if the pistol had the blade fore sight found on late models? This would help firm up the third variant theory, and is particularly relevant with it being the last known production model.
    Thanks,
    John

Hi John.

It has the 'standard' little bead foresight. I have never seen a blade foresight on a pistol that I thought was original, but I'm always willing to be educated as ever? If they genuinely exist they must be fiendishly rare!

Hi John.

It has the 'standard' little bead foresight. I have never seen a blade foresight on a pistol that I thought was original, but I'm always willing to be educated as ever? If they genuinely exist they must be fiendishly rare!
    Photos needed:

It’s a fairly easy idea to test. If it’s an owner modification then the pistols with blades should appear randomly in the serial number list. If it’s factory (or retailer) they will be clustered around a particular value in the serial numbers

If I have understood correctly all the known blade front sights have very high serial numbers. So we need to know if there are any out there from earlier in the production run.
    Morally flawed

Hi John.

Thanks Chris,
    Actually your pistol upsets the applecart a bit, as of the last six highest serial number pistols in my list, three have blade front sights, two we don't know about yet (but I hope to have info' about one of them soon), and yours (the last) so far is the only one with a confirmed pillar sight. I will put up the final list as soon as I get the last bit of data.

Jerry, The list so far does suggest a definite cluster of the pistols with the blade sight, yours included.

Thanks Chris,
    Actually your pistol upsets the applecart a bit, as of the last six highest serial number pistols in my list, three have blade front sights, two we don't know about yet (but I hope to have info' about one of them soon), and yours (the last) so far is the only one with a confirmed pillar sight. I will put up the final list as soon as I get the last bit of data.

Jerry, The list so far does suggest a definite cluster of the pistols with the blade sight, yours included.
    Another clue would be the form of the front sight. Factory should all be the same or similar. Owner repairs would all differ
    Morally flawed

Hi all new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a warrior the serial number is 6019 with the recurve trigger guard and the standard front ball sight.also has the made in England stamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar guns View Post
    Hi all new to the forum so hello everyone. I have a warrior the serial number is 6019 with the recurve trigger guard and the standard front ball sight.also has the made in England stamp.
    That is excellent fodder for my list, although it does complicate things a bit! It will now be the second highest known serial number. Just one question before I include it, could you tell me the calibre?

Thanks,
    John

Warrior up for Auction across the pond

See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...65458#topoflot

Quote Originally Posted by Prewar guns View Post
    Welcome, and with your user name you are in the right place!
    Morally flawed

' and the beaded foresi

Quote Originally Posted by Buck25 View Post
    See that there is a 3rd variant of the Warrior up for auction that has the side screw, blade front sight and is .22 caliber. It does not reference the serial number or Made in England stamping but I have an inquiry in to the auctioneer for this information. The auction ends on 16th January.

https://www.proxibid.com/Firearms-Mi...65458#topoflot

At first sight the trigger appears to be unlike 'standard' pistols; the rear sight blade seems to be taller, and the beaded foresight blade appears of a different design to others seen? I am dubious.

At first sight the trigger appears to be unlike 'standard' pistols; the rear sight blade seems to be taller, and the beaded foresight blade appears of a different design to others seen? I am dubious.
    Yes, there was another thread on this, we concluded it had had more work done than Joan Collins
    Morally flawed