Thread: Giffard CO2 Air Pistol 1889

Giffard CO2 Air Pistol 1889

Hello members, I have a Giffard Co2 Air Pistol dated 1889. Can anyone give me an idea as to its value, and a good way to sell it? Thank you, Gary

http://estateliquidationsale.blogspo...urce=BP_recent

http://estateliquidationsale.blogspo...urce=BP_recent
    Last edited by gcmx; 05-04-2013 at 12:49 AM.

I think the US$5,000 you're asking is not a bad starting price. It's certainly not absurdly low if that's what you're concerned about.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Giffard CO2 Air Pistol 1889

Hi Garvin, Thanks for your reply. It's nice to hear that a minimum of $5k is a good starting price By any chance, would you know a good way to sell this gun? Gary

Hi l think you have already ansered your own question, good luck with the sale.

1889 Giffard "Carbonic Gas" Pistol - Pawn Stars LV

Hello Members,

This coming Monday, I will be appearing on the Las Vegas "Pawn Stars" TV Show trying to sell my 1889 Giffard "Carbonic Gas" Pistol.

My price range is between 5k and 7.5k. The gun is in pristine condition, and all mechanisms work.

Can anyone tell me if my price range is reasonable?

Thank you for your opinions.

Gary

Super pistol ! I couldn't sell that even if the bank said I had to!
    What calibre is it and what fpe ? (It definitely doesn't look UK legal)
    Good luck with the sale.I watched Pawn stars in St.Louis last week and it was so badly carved up by adverts it was pain to watch.I'll try and catch you on it in Blighty next time it's on.
    Cheers O.

l think you will be lucky to get $5000, my opinon. but l hope l am wrong for yoursake, good luck with the sale.

My "Pawn Stars" Appearance

Quote Originally Posted by micky View Post
    l think you will be lucky to get $5000, my opinon. but l hope l am wrong for yoursake, good luck with the sale.
    Well, I got my 15 minutes of fame and it was a very fun experience. The taping took about 3 1/2 hours this morning. I did the show with Rick Harrison and his son Cory. After the taping, Mimi and I met personally with Rick for a photo opp and also received 2 free T-shirts and a Key Chain. The others went out to lunch Other than the show, they're not too personable. They tend to shy away from the public. However, the filming staff were outstanding people.

They brought in a "so-called" expert to evaluate the pistol, and he said that the gun is very rare, but only worth about $3k. Rick's son, Cory, then stepped in and gave me an ultimatum, $2,500 or nothing. After a quick thought, I gave in and took there offer. Hope I didn't give it away.

The show should air within the next 4 months. They will give me a heads-up a week before airing. Pawn Stars is a very big hit, #1 World Wide, except for the U.S. It also spun off two other shows - American Restoration and Counting Cars. — at Pawn Stars Las Vegas.

Thanks again for input.