Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
The Crosman is nice and cheap, buy it now to scratch the itch and maybe move up to a HW45 after a bit.

I have both, the Crosman is what I am shooting a lot at the moment, the HW45 has not been out in a while. Both are great pistols but the Crosman is so much more accessible as a first pistol. If you do start buying pistols then you will end up with an HW45 eventually anyway.

I don't find the Crosman totally recoilless though, there is a distinct muzzle flip straight out of the box. Any mods that up the weight soon sort this out (though it might be psychological or bad form on my part).
/\ This, they're not really in the same league but both have their charms.
Don't know what your situation is regarding neighbors, but the 2240 is LOUD. However you can put a mod on it easy enough. The HW45 is less obnoxious for back garden shooting, and as above the better pistol. You can spend well in excess of the price of a 2nd hand HW45 on buying and modding a 2240. I shudder to think what mine has cost me...
By all means if you like to tinker 2240s are great, an end in itself really, but as above I have not found them to be recoiless either - as well as the muzzle flip, the weighty hammer seems to play a part too. When modding mine I gained as much efficiency as possible elsewhere so that I could lighten the hammer spring. All a bit pointless now it's got a stock on it but hey ho
The famed hold sensitivity of the HW45 is much overstated IMO. As long as you don't hold it any-old-how, they are not difficult to shoot.