Thread: Reduced target size

Reduced target size

I moved a few months ago into a house that has an odd basement. I can't get a 10m distance set up without peturbing the wife. I was able to set it up at 7 yards. I did the math and the target should be reduced down to 64% to give the corrected sight picture. My question is: "Is there anything detrimental in doing this other than having to make my own targets?". This is a theoretical exercise only because I don't have another option, other than divorce.

The height above the ground may have to be adjusted a little if you are signifigantly taller or shorter than the set target height. I forget what it is exactly. But you can calculate this in the same manner, you will feel if its too high or low as soon as you aim I guess.
    For pre-made targets for dry-fire training Rink have some here: http://www.formgriffe.de/en/shpPfCnt.php?sCI=125 for pretty much every sport to print out and use at various ranges.. Just aim at the luftpistole one

Why not get some six yard targets from the NSRA. From memory air pistol are air 8, and you don't have to bye the 3000 they are advertised in, the shop will split.
    Peter

As Peter Pig says, NSRA cards are available in 10m and 6yd versions. Keeps life simple compared to scaling and printing your own
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Thanks!

I will use everyones advice. I did the math, for someone my height at 7 yards, I would have to move the target up 3"! Didn't think of that, Thanks! I'll look at the suggested website and see if I can get those 6 yard targets. I may have to rethink this, my ego feels much better shooting 540's on B-40's at 7 yards with my 50 year old eyes and a 45 year old Walther!
    Best Regards,
    Jim

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    If you know anyone with a scatt system that allows you to print scaled targets for most distances,if you don't I have one and could do some for you,you could then copy/scan them or the scaled target may be able to be emailed to you.Actually I think you can download the scatt software free,but I'm not sure if it's the full programme.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Scatt

Mrfixit beat me to it!
    Scatt is the answer, and yes you can down load it free onto your PC and use all the tools such as print to get scale targets with or with out rings.
    You can't use it as a full scatt system with out the frame and other bits and registration.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?