Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
I suppose the answer is a HW45, but I can't get on with its looks.
Quote Originally Posted by Nikkormat View Post
It was the looks of the BSA that really did if for me.
If we're honest, looks are important.I've got an HW45 and it is technically a great pistol, but I find it so ugly that I've never taken to it. I know it's a very subjective thing but I really can't understand anyone loving an HW45. Its looks and proportions are wrong. The BSA 240 Magnum onthe other hand has great proportions and although it could be a little tidier maybe, it is a great little pistol. It's a challenge to shoot one accurately but when you learn it, it is very satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
The one other altermnative is the old Gamo Center. It will trounce the lot in Accuracy ad will tue quite happily into the 4ftlbs area. Its the Sporting springer of choice in FT at the moment if you can find one.
I find this really surprising. It's a long time since I've handled a Center but I was unimpressed by it. I seem to remember that the loading gate limits the choice of pellets and is prone to leaking, and can also affect accuracy as the gate sometimes doesn't align with the bore perfectly, but then it was a long time ago and the one I tried out was well used, verging on worn out in fact, even then.