Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
I really like these pistols and prefer them to HW45s, one of my favourite pistols in fact, along with Tempests and Hy-Scores. I own two 240 Magnums and I've never had trouble with the breech seal popping out. I've messed around a little with one of them, I fitted a shortened Record Jumbo spring lubricated with some Moly gun grease and GN paste into mine, in an effort to see if reducing the power made it sweeter and easier to shoot, and was really pleased with the result. It's much easier to cock, sweeter and easier to shoot accurately, I'm really happy with it. I was expecting the power to drop to around 2.5 ft/lbs or maybe even less, but on the chrono it turned out to be shooting at over 3.5 ft/lbs. I was surprised, it felt like less. Like I say though, much sweeter and easier to shoot, and cock, much better for short and medium range plinking which is what I tend to use my pistols for.

Its quite possible that by coincidence you negated the effects of the very tight fit of the mainspring when swapping out the spring for one of lower power.
Thus, the low power you were expecting from the weaker spring was at least returning all its energy and quite probably why you didnt see the big predicted loss of velocity.
Lots did have probs with the breech washer, with even the Tester on Test encountering a problem. Think this is a bit hit and mess, where you either get a good one or a bad one
However, with a 45 hitting the sweet spot (cleaned out of all grease and a Nylon guide) i have happily trounced the Magnum on all levels apart from its bulk.

I recently tested the new Tempest though after reading the recent review. Its doing a full 1ftlb more power due to a different seal arrangement. Amazing consistancy too.
I also kinda liked the new matt finish above the gloss finish of the English version but some might not. Powerful gun though.