Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crosman 2240

Crosman 2240

Good afternoon All,

Well i've only gone and done it !

I enjoyed a nice ride out on the train to Kirklees Guns, Huddersfield, parted with my £69.99 and got my 2240.
    I had been toying with a 2240 for a long time now, having looked at all the personal modifications you can do i felt the time was right !

First impressions, nice little shooter, as always i have started a list of tuning / cosmetic mods, hope the wife is in a good mood over the coming months.

I know alot of you guys (sorry, and girls) have quite substantial experience with the 2240 so any hints, tricks etc would be warmly welcomed.

Regards
    Simon

I too am a recent 2240 convert and there are loads of guys on here that will only be to pleased to show off their excellent and unique pistols.

Mine is less than a month old and has already cost me over £200! I have fitted the metal breech, a weaver rail, swift stubby silencer and a pistol scope.

As it's now looking pretty tactical I am considering my options for a torch\laser. Once done I plan to get another and make some wood grips for it and maybe try polishing it.

Enjoy your new toy!
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Best and cheapest upgrade is fitting a lighter trigger spring.
    this makes the pistol shoot better.

I collapsed the spring slightly and gave the mating surfaces of the trigger and sear a quick polish.

It lightened the trigger to half its original weight and made it much smoother. I plan to fit a trigger shoe as well.

A heavy trigger and a tendency for muzzle flip are the only bad things with this pistol, and both are easily fixed.

Steel Breech, extended probe and trigger kit.

SD and GMAC for the breech, GMAC or TR Robb for the trigger kit.

Also worth a look on the Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum - www.capof.net

Some ideas here, showing some of mine:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/27568...st+and+present

Another vote for the trigger kit, I've just fitted the GMAC one and its turned it into a totally different gun!

Thanks for the tips guys !

I will be making a start this week, if i need any help with anything i will give this thread a 'bump'

Regards
    Simon

secretagentmole Guest
    2240, 22smorty! Be a man, buy a 13XX series, build some muscles as you pump the air in and scream in pain as you trap your hand between the pump handle and the gun! Ah they are so nice!

A 1377 is next on my list.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    2240, 22smorty! Be a man, buy a 13XX series, build some muscles as you pump the air in and scream in pain as you trap your hand between the pump handle and the gun! Ah they are so nice!
    i remember that well. OUtchhhhhh !!!!!

The 2240 just has got to be THE Airgun bargain.
    Overlooked by so many.
    I suppose it's easily done....The old adage "you get what you pay for" is normally true and also, these days, you can spend a lot of money and still get crap quality.

But, with the 2240, I't does what it says on the tin......Even as standard, it's a great pistol, fantastic value for money, accurate, powerful and reliable.

With a few mods, they become even better.

I'd say the steel breech is the biggest single must have. I have now mini-carbined mine; it wears a 4x32 rifle scope and is AMAZINGLY accurate. If I ever reverted it back to a pistol, I'd probably fancy fitting one of those very nice looking MIM rear sights.

As mentioned above, scour the various sites.....GMAC, SD Custom Design and TR Robb in the UK.
    Look at the various US Crosman sites.
    Airgun Artisans is another site well worth a look; also check out Crooked Barn.
    There is a a massive wealth of information out there on these fantastic little guns.

Enjoy!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    A 1377 is next on my list.
    Got the 1377 already.

Could very easily fancy one of the newer, .22 versions, the 1322......Shoulder stock, steel breech, longer probe, flat top piston and valve conversion, trigger mod, long barrel....

I reckon about 9 ft.lbs ought to be easily attainable in this guise, with 10 pumps, and still a recoilless, affordable and self-contained ratter par excellence??

The only slight downside is that with the breech and a scope, they can be fiddly little beggars to load, especially in low light when you've just spotted Roland!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I quite fancy a 1377... I will see if the local shop has any in stock. I'm off to buy another 2240 at weekend, I've finished the one I'm working on (just waiting for a silencer to arrive) but not sure if it can be called a pistol anymore lol

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87287186.jpg

Cheers, Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Riggzbee View Post
    I quite fancy a 1377... I will see if the local shop has any in stock. I'm off to buy another 2240 at weekend, I've finished the one I'm working on (just waiting for a silencer to arrive) but not sure if it can be called a pistol anymore lol

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/...ps87287186.jpg

Cheers, Andy
    Very nice looking carbine, young man. Well done.
    Have you run it over a chrono?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very nice looking carbine, young man. Well done.
    Have you run it over a chrono?
    Certainly have, tinkering without having a chrono is a bad idea... Everything is above board

Cheers, Andy