Thread: Butt Pad wanted for Feinwerkbau Model 150

Butt Pad wanted for Feinwerkbau Model 150

The restoration of my Feinwerkbau Model 150 is going very well so far.

All of the metal parts are now back from having a new coat of blue, and the new set of seals are ready to be fitted during the re-assembly.

The stock has been stripped and I am sanding and steaming away the small blemishes ready to take a nice new oil finish instead of the damaged original "toffee apple" coloured thick brown varnish - not original I know - but a much better option for a working rifle (in my opinion) and since the bare metalwork had to be blued any original finish had been lost in any case.

The oil finish will also reveal and show the beautiful wood finish that had been hidden away for so many years under the factory applied toffee brown coat.

The problem I have is that I need to find a new butt-plate/grip as the original had "melted" - presumably due to being stood in a puddle of something like diesel for an extended period, making it completely unusable and impossible to repair.

Does anyone have a suitable butt pad/grip they would like to sell - or know where I can buy a new one?

I am told that an adjustable 300S butt pad assembly will fit - if this is so then it may help to spread the search nets over a wider area as there must be more chance of finding one of these.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I believe I had swapped out the buttpad on one of my 300s with that on my 150.

In any case the hard plastic spacers between the wood and rubber don't ever seem to fit too well on the "correct" gun anyway

Check part nos for the 300 with the corresponding 150 item

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sho...00S::2849.html

Ask them perhaps to make sure, probably it's just the style of rubber that may or may not differ slightly.

http://waffencenter-gotha.de/

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/

"Schaftkappe" is the magic word
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    I believe I had swapped out the buttpad on one of my 300s with that on my 150.

In any case the hard plastic spacers between the wood and rubber don't ever seem to fit too well on the "correct" gun anyway

Check part nos for the 300 with the corresponding 150 item

http://www.waffencenter-gotha.de/sho...00S::2849.html

Ask them perhaps to make sure, probably it's just the style of rubber that may or may not differ slightly.

http://waffencenter-gotha.de/

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/

"Schaftkappe" is the magic word

Thanks for your help.

I am not sure that it is the same part - but I am sure it will fit.

Now I will attempt to complete the account application form that was presented to me when I put the part in my basket - just as soon as I have worked out all of the questions asked in German-ish).

Even the translator can only work in certain field areas of this site, so it is not very user friendly, but they do seem to have some interesting parts that I may need in the future so I will persevere and get the account information completed so I can order parts from them when I need them.

ATB - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 28-03-2013 at 05:13 PM.

The butt plate & pad shown, although it will fit, appears to be the modified pattern fitted to the 600 series rifles. You may well find City Air have some of the original pattern but I wouldn't know for sure.
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post
    The butt plate & pad shown, although it will fit, appears to be the modified pattern fitted to the 600 series rifles. You may well find City Air have some of the original pattern but I wouldn't know for sure.
    .......thanks - I will ask Steve when he opens again. (still only open Thursday/Friday/Saturday?).

I have managed to source a new grip pad for my standard FWB 150, but can anyone advise me if the FWB 150 rifles originally came with a plastic butt plate spacer, or if the rubber grip pad just screwed directly to the end of the wooden stock with no spacer in-between?

If they came with no spacer, then the rubber grip pad will be non-adjustable.

I also have a 150T and the grip pad on that model is fixed with no spacer, but I have seen other (non T stocked) Model 150 rifles with spacers, so maybe these were an option available at the time, or maybe they were retro-fitted later.

I have also seen some with adjustable butt grips fitted, but I am guessing these may have been taken from the later 300S rifles?

Any information about what butt plates and grip pads were supplied on the different variants of the 150 models would be appreciated.

Here are the pictures of the 150 project.
    Last edited by zooma; 11-04-2013 at 10:45 AM.