Thread: Colt 1911 a1 or Dark Ops

Colt 1911 a1 or Dark Ops

Hi,

Thinking of getting one of these, CO2 pellet version, but can’t make my mind up between the a1 or the Dark Ops version.

Question is, is there any difference, apart from the look, between them?

Thanks

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

It is just the paint job, same internals, spec etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bazmati2020 View Post
    It is just the paint job, same internals, spec etc
    Guessed as much, just wanted to double check, thanks…

Dave
    It’s sometimes best to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid rather than open your mouth and dispel all doubt…

Hi Dave

I don't know if you have got one yet, but just to let you know, the metal strip on the Dark Ops tarnishes very quickly, need to Duraglit mine to keep in shiny!!

Mark H

It's purely a cosmetic and budgetary decision.
    They function exactly the same.

ive been a long time admirer of the colt 1911 a1, im seriously contemplating getting one, as i hear they are very accurate, only thing that is deterring me is the mag, at i think its 8 shot, im currently using a 10shot mag in my revolver. those extra 2 pellets come in handy sometimes

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkey0423 View Post
    ive been a long time admirer of the colt 1911 a1, im seriously contemplating getting one, as i hear they are very accurate, only thing that is deterring me is the mag, at i think its 8 shot, im currently using a 10shot mag in my revolver. those extra 2 pellets come in handy sometimes
    I don't think more than 8 pellets could be squeezed into a magazine that would fit into the 1911. Certainly if you're using it for steel the more pellets the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H67 View Post
    Hi Dave

I don't know if you have got one yet, but just to let you know, the metal strip on the Dark Ops tarnishes very quickly, need to Duraglit mine to keep in shiny!!

Mark H
    Once you've polished it give it a good clean to remove polish residue and then use ordinary white furniture wax polish, apply generously with a clean cotton cloth and buff off, keeps finger marks and dulling at bay for weeks.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it