Thread: Bsa scorpion

Bsa scorpion

HELLO, i have been offered a bsa scorpion pistol in 22.
    are they any good ?
    it,s only for plinking in the garden, only costs £70, what should i look for ? are there any problems with them ?

many thanks. in advance.

Big and heavy and very 1970s. I have had two, both in .177, and they were brilliant. I expect they are very nice in .22. Great against coke cans at 20 yards.

I am a pretty poor pistol shot, but with a two handed hold I found them to be accurate enough for serious fun. Also featured in a Bond film!

I think some can have trigger problems; mine didn't so I can't elaborate further I'm afraid.

Matt

scorpions

Auto safety can play up and not work.seen a lot.broken missing sight units not cheap.synthetic piston heads enlarge over time causing internal drag .internaly if not serviced and replaced buffer washers perrish.o rings harden and perrish.pretty good as pistols go.for the day fantastic..prefer 177.mostly used and hardly serviced.john knibbs and chambers have most consumables.enjoy.

These are big, heavy, powerful pistols. Lots of fun and can be accurate. I've got two and love them. Classic! They're not difficult to service, although as has been said, the trigger is complex. Keep the breech jaws and barrel latch lubricated for easier cocking, use gun grease if you can.

Original45: Your posts will look better and be easier to read if you put a space after full stops, hope that helps.

full stops n spaces

[QUOTE=Rob M;5928452]These are big, heavy, powerful pistols. Lots of fun and can be accurate. I've got two and love them. Classic! They're not difficult to service, although as has been said, the trigger is complex. Keep the breech jaws and barrel latch lubricated for easier cocking, use gun grease if you can.

Original45: Your posts will look better and be easier to read if you put a space after full stops, hope that helps. Agreed.

Original45, you obviously know your stuff with Scorpions... Any idea what causes the buffer washers to perish? My Scorpions are lubricated with moly gun grease only and the washers seem to be holding up better, do you think that oil could cause the washers to perish and crumble? Cheers,