Thread: Gml Aa S400

Gml Aa S400

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the GML modifications done to the S400, but with a slim stainless steel silencer in place of the muzzle brake - for those who like the look and performance of the gun, but don't intend to participate in HFT?

Arthur

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    You could have all the modifications bar the muzzle break and keep the barrel how you like it so you can fit your favourite silencer - haven't really got as far a doing one with an integral silencer as there hasn't been much call at the mo.

LeeH
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Thanks Lee.

But it's that stainless steel muzzle brake almost flush with the end of the cylinder, together of course with the replacement bolt and breech support, that gives the rifle its sexy lines.

You might find a silencer in a similar set up a popular option.

Just a thought.

Regards.

Arthur

Gary C Guest
    There aint much the old pox Doc wont do if the price is right eh Lee ?

Get a half inch UNF threaded adapter and have the best of both worlds.

The Doctor is offline It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to
    I think I know what Arthur is getting at, but one of the problems is the small size of the silencer on the end of the rifle causes some jetting - we did rough up a small one before, but because the silencer has to sit through the A frame, you can't get much girth in there (does that make sense??) - threading is one option, much a few people have kept the original barrel, and use a slide-on-slide-off muzzle break, so that they can use a silencer as well when they want.

LeeH
    Please tear carefully along the perforation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    a few people have kept the original barrel, and use a slide-on-slide-off muzzle break, so that they can use a silencer as well when they want.LeeH
    Thats what I did... i've since asked lee to go whole hog as im not going to hunt with the 400, and the neigbours are now used to muzzle noise

The GML is one of the best rifles i've ever owned and the gun did me proud in 2004 and in the last few comps of this year, but for the 2005 season i may give something else a go, but you wont go wrong with the GML.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    The GML is one of the best rifles i've ever owned and the gun did me proud in 2004 and in the last few comps of this year, but for the 2005 season i may give something else a go, but you wont go wrong with the GML.

Pete
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    but for the 2005 season i may give something else a go, but you wont go wrong with the GML.

Pete
    And I wonder what that might be...

But wait on Pete, what about the rest of your flock? They've all just shelled out for the GML...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    I was over at the BFTO at he weekend and asking Ken Turner for something similar. There is a slimline sound moderator that could possibly be used but it isnt all that effective. In the end I gave up and started thinking of a standard .177 s410k and normal silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    And I wonder what that might be...

But wait on Pete, what about the rest of your flock? They've all just shelled out for the GML...
    Lets hope it rains at this years comp's, just to give us a sporting chance then