Thread: Sad news

Sad news. RIP Bill Welch.

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report the sudden death of Bill Welch.

Bill was the man behind Bills Walther Spares, and anyone that had the pleasure of dealing with him will have benefitted from the huge experience he had to offer as a Walther trained technician and a former member of the long gone Accuracey International company that imported and supplied Walther rifles and pistols in the 1970's.

I always found Bills helpful and friendly manner to be as big an asset as his incredible Walther knowledge and stock of Walther spares, and he will be sadly missed.

Bill Welch sufferred a massive stroke early last Friday morning, and sadly passed away last Friday evening.

RIP Bill Welch.
    Last edited by zooma; 15-04-2013 at 05:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Very sad day.

Was only recently communicating with Bill, via email, to sort out a few spare for the LGR.

He did, of course, have all the bits in stock and sent them quickly.

Certainly worthy of a place in the airgun hall of fame.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Very sorry to hear this, I came across Bill whilst researching Walther air pistols. He will be greatly missed, my thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

Mick

I have to echo everyone else's thoughts - Bill was a true gent.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him but have spoken to him on the phone a few times to help one of our club members get her Hammerli rifle sorted. He was always extremely willing to help even at 9.30pm at night when her rifle stopped working - a quick chat on the phone with Bill and she was shooting within minutes.

My last email to him was on Friday night enquiring about a rifle I was buying through him for my son. I got a reply form his wife today explaining what had happened.

A sad sad day for the shooting world.

Sleep well Bill.

Mark

sad

rest in peace bill ,well missed.

Very sad news. He was always a real gent, on the phone, when I needed help. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Bill

A charming friend who we will very sadly miss, a top level shooter in his day, he worked with Malcolm Cooper at AI, he knew every one at Walther from the girls in the office to the CEO. I know there is as much sadness at Ulm at his passing as there is here.
    We will miss him.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?