Thread: New pistol

New pistol

Hi guys .... and gals, have many of you tried the Tanfoglio witness 1911 .177 all metal pistol at all? I'm looking to add to my collection and just wondered what it is like to shoot and live with?
    HW100 ..... AA s410 carbine .177
    Webley Tempest....... Webley Nemesis... CP88 .177

You are about 2 years late with this enquiry, there are literally hundreds of references to the Witness on the forum.Have a quick search. Basically a good gun, very realistic copy of 1911, but a few few guys have had issues with later models. The three early ones I had, no problem at all.

Baz

Good pistols but certainly built to a price.

As Baz correctly says, the earlier ones seem better than the new ones, mine was bought in the first week of release and to date the only issue I have had is with the safety which seems to be down to wear and tear on the pot metal parts.

As with all pistols like this, remember they are built to a price with pot metal castings, while the quality of the castings is generally cosmetically good, I treat them as a model rather than an air pistol.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Cheers guys. What would you recommend as an alternative to the Witness if it's known to be a bit ... 'iffy'? I'm thinking of selling my Nemesis as I rarely use it now, so another pistol is being sought hmmm!
    HW100 ..... AA s410 carbine .177
    Webley Tempest....... Webley Nemesis... CP88 .177

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I've had mine for just over a year and there is an issue with the safety catch on mine in common with LOADS of others. If you forget you've applied it and try to pull the trigger the pistol won't go off. All good so far. But when you then set the safety to fire, the pistol will discharge immediately. DON'T RELY ON THE SAFETY CATCH ON THIS PISTOL.
    I've got two other blow-back "replica, lookie likie" pistols, a Walther PPK/S and a CZ 75 07 Duty, both of which I like, but the 1911 is still my favourite.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    I've had mine for just over a year and there is an issue with the safety catch on mine in common with LOADS of others. If you forget you've applied it and try to pull the trigger the pistol won't go off. All good so far. But when you then set the safety to fire, the pistol will discharge immediately. DON'T RELY ON THE SAFETY CATCH ON THIS PISTOL.
    I've got two other blow-back "replica, lookie likie" pistols, a Walther PPK/S and a CZ 75 07 Duty, both of which I like, but the 1911 is still my favourite.
    Yes, that is a scary fault. I'm glad I discovered it when the gun was unloaded and ungassed
    Good deals with these members

Not had any issues with mine other than that non safe safety
    Also have a look on the UBC forum for plenty more info and custom bits
    regards
    Nige
    BSA Superten BBK (Blueprinted), BSA Ultra SS Regged, Tanfoglio Witness, Umarex 1911
    and many, many bows and slingshots