Thread: Try before you buy?

Try before you buy?

Every PCP shooter at my club uses either a Steyr LP50, LP2 or LP5. I'm interested in getting a new gun in a few months and was wanting to try a Morini CM-162MI, FWB P44 or preferably a Walther LP400 (normal or compact).

Usually the benefits of these guns comes down to personal preference, so I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere you could go to try these before you buy them?

Thanks,
    Chris
     •   Morini 200EI
    •••••  Steyr LP50E

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Try out

Chris
    I'm sorry but what you're asking for is unlikely in this country as the market is very small, virtually no one holds stock and if they did they would not let you try them as they would then be second hand or demo's (which don't exist). Even abroad there is little opportunity to try. MEC and Stoppers have ranges but I doubt would let you shoot stock.
    Look for a big 10 mt club and hope that members have the guns you are interested in as most will let others try guns, we have two out of the three. Also a quick try will tell you little, it takes time to get the feel of a different gun.
    The other option is a big meeting such as the British at Bisley in Feb where you may find people with most things but you would not be able to shoot them. (The ESSU meeting is Sun 5th May at Bisley).
    I'm sorry but I think other than that you are out of luck.
    Best of Luck
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    Every PCP shooter at my club uses either a Steyr LP50, LP2 or LP5. I'm interested in getting a new gun in a few months and was wanting to try a Morini CM-162MI, FWB P44 or preferably a Walther LP400 (normal or compact).

Usually the benefits of these guns comes down to personal preference, so I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere you could go to try these before you buy them?

Thanks,
    Chris
    You could try them all - and a few more like the Bennelli and SAM (but not the LP400 for a few more weeks yet) at RMTC - but it is a bit of a trek up the M5/M6/M62/M66 - but you would be very welcome if you are ever up this way!

I will be visiting family and friends just up the road from you in Bath in a couple of weeks time, but I don't think the "boss" would be too impressed if I brought all of my toys with me and then went out to play.....so I will give that a miss I think.

About 3 - 4 hours in case you are wondering ( largely depending on the M6!).
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.