Thread: Slavia 624 breech seal

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Slavia 624 breech seal

I've just reacquired from my father my first ever airgun, a Slavia 624... Have to say I am chuffed to bits as I thought it was long gone

However it has languished in his workshop for several years, and needed some TLC to say the least...

So today I stripped it, cleaned it, removed rust etc., touched up with a bit of cold blue and rubbed down and oiled the stock. Now it looks as good as it ever will, and shoots nicely too (6 shots in 10mm at 6m ).
    However the breech seal is flat as anything and definitely need replacing, so my question is this:

What is the difference (if any) between the 624 and the 625?
    Chambers don't have a diagram for the 624, but the 625 looks near on identical - will I be able to use the o-ring breech seal from this in my 624?

I'd be grateful for any advice.

Cheers.
    Good deals with these members

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I expect the 'O' ring is a standard size for Slavias, so try one. Or, you could ask one of the engineers on here for an 'O' ring of the size you need, or a couple - you might need one to pack the groove, or you might have to take a slice of one as a filler to get the right fit.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Thanks chaps

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Failing the O ring solution, make up a leather one.
    Do you have any links for instructions for this?
    Good deals with these members

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Thanks chaps

Do you have any links for instructions for this?
    You can do a google search if you want or if no one has a link.
    Basically get some leather that is thick enough for the job and then either Punch out a disc with a bit of sharpened tube or cut round a small socket. It does not matter if the outer edge is not spot on. You then punch a hole in the centre of the disc. I used a set of £3 riveting thingies from Lidl.
    If you put your disc on a bit of round bar and dip it in hot water, the disc will contract onto the round bar,reduce the outer diameter a bit and get thicker. Leave it to dry over night and clean up the outer edge with sandpaper/wet or dry. Tap it into the breech seal hole of the barrel. If it stands a lot too proud, then trim it. Put some lube on it and leave it to soak in for half a day,with the barrel just broken. It should close up ok once the lube has soaked in. If not, just trim it a bit more.
    If you have your disc with hole in it, you can sometimes just lube then and then tap them in. On a recent fiddly one, I found dry was better.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

breech seal slavia

I just replaced my bsf leather seal with an o ring of the correct size. Warmed the breech block to stop the glue going off too quickly then filled the groove with SOFT compound gluestick from a glue gun then pressed the o ring in with a flat piece of steel to the required depth. When the glue had nearly cooled closed breech gently . Took a few attempts to get exactly right but now works perfect & after the exess glue was trimmed off looks factory fitted.