Thread: Breaking ! Or sell as is ?

Breaking ! Or sell as is ?

Hi, I have a couple of guns I was going to break, However I thought I might sell them as they are ,
    I would like a valuation for these ,
    Its a Mercury , It does have some choice bit,s .177 barrel, Metal Front& rear sights, Aluminium piston head , In good condition.

It has no piston , Or front cylinder to stock bracket , This will set the presidence IE , To sell or Break.
    Also this, Mk 1 Meteor painted, No rear sight ( Scope sold ) Shoots OK. Ged.

Will post prices & Items individually dependant on valuation ,
    Last edited by gedfinn 2; 20-06-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Pics removed

And here I just ordered parts for my Mercury off Chambers....

If you decide to break for parts, I might want the .177" mercury barrel if you can post to Norway.
    Last edited by evert; 30-04-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    As you shoot Ged and probably have no interest in getting the Mercury up and running, you would probably get more for that as spares than you would if you bought the missing bits. I hate to say this, but the recent postage increases will probably kill a lot of the lower end of the market and also a lot of Flea bay as well. Weighing up what a piston,bracket and stock would cost, unless you wanted the gun, I don't think it is worth the time and trouble.
    The Meteor, being complete, would probably be better sold complete. However, it is finding a face to face deal or someone willing to pay £13+ postage. It could pull more on Flea bay if you want the hassle of listing and posting. As the cylinder,piston,cocking arm and barrel will fit all the mk1-mk4 meteors, they are not exactly rare. You may pull the money for a stock, working trigger and the end cap if it is a metal one??? (not checked ).
    Yes it looks metal.
    Hiya mate, Thanks for the reply,
    You probably know much more than myself on these , Your probably right ( The Mercury has a stock ) Pins rear bolt,
    I also have a piston, but its my Moving weight, Buttoned, Inertia piston !! a little reluctant to let go of it ,
    You never mentioned the METAL S Type sights,

Having said that, Your right, I shoot & have TOO many restorations to hand, I finish them,
    The Mk1 Bsa Meteor has of course the metal end cap, I also thought the trigger, Piston & rear cylinder were different & As we know the stock is, I remember what I paid, ? I think £40-£50 ,
    It had a Bsa Standard rear sight which I sold,
    Its beginning to look like they are going on the back burner, ( Thats, Left in the workshop ) Ha ha,

Ah well, Another year, Thats if still here, Ha ha, Ged.