Thread: 10m and 6 Yard Postal Competitions.

10m and 6 Yard Postal Competitions.

The Classic Air Pistol Association (CAPA), in association with the Rossendale Model Target Club are giving consideration to running both 10m and 6 Yard postal competitions.

The exact format and rules are yet to be clarified, but we have already had interest shown in the concept.

It is also possible that the already popular MPL will be included in the available comps.

The CAPA forum link is >here<

If antibody is interested, then please respond in here, or pop along to the forum.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 30-04-2013 at 04:56 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

MPL 6 yard postal series.

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    The Classic Air Pistol Association (CAPA), in association with the Rossendale Model Target Club are giving consideration to running both 10m and 6 Yard postal competitions.

The exact format and rules are yet to be clarified, but we have already had interest down in the concept.

It is also possible that the already popular MPL will be included in the available comps.

The CAPA forum link is >here<

If antibody is interested, then please respond in here, or pop along to the forum.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Phil has kindly offerred to administer and run this competition if it gets started - maybe the same cards that are used in our existing 10 metre series could have the scores used to support Phils postal competition each month as well?

This would save having to shoot another series of cards each month.

10 meters is not an easy distance for a lot of people to make room for at home, so if the same cards can be used it will save range time in the clubs as most already have enough competitions going on already, so this will reduce the support available for this series if we don't combine the results.

The idea of the 6 yard competition is to give people who have no local club to shoot from home to a slightly revised version of the existing MPL rules, with an invitation to a "live" final at RMTC for the top shooters in each class at the end of each series.

Maybe only the 6 yard postal competition should be offered - just like the old NARPA series - it could be good!
    Last edited by zooma; 30-04-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Sounds good to me.

Ive just joined the CAPA which looks rather interesting.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

We are well on our way now, with a 10m competition being developed, and the 6 yard MPL in its final stages of being set up.

More information on the 6 yard MPL can be found >here<.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<