Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile

The MPL is a nice simple competition and the 6 yard version of it should be basically the same - but with the added appeal of being able to be shot over a shorter distance - and possibly at home for those that are not members of any club as well as those that are.

Hopefully the rules are as brief as they need to be and I have resisted the temptation to over explain or complicate them.

They are further simplified by not having any bonus scoring system like the 10 meter version of this same competition as I think the shorter distance involved negates the need - and it will be interesting to see how it works without the bonus system.

This is a new competition based on the existing MPL series in response to the enquiries we have had since we started the MPL to include those that are not members of a club that can accommodate them, and those that cannot find enough members to form a club team.

It is very hard to get any new competition to work, and many have failed to make it - but I think this one has the appeal of the successful MPL series and stands a chance of giving the individual something they can have a go at and enjoy.

Can I suggest we get started with the rules as shown on this thread, I have made some small changes that have been suggested by exisiting MPL shooters, and now I think they are good enough and workable to live with - at least for the first six months
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 08:49 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.