Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    One last thought?

Mr Fixit suggested self-scoring earlier in this thread, and I gave all the good reasons why an impartial scorer would be better.

However, I have had some emails suggesting that the honesty system of self scoring would be better as it would be much simpler and actually preferred.

Please let me know if you think this idea is a better way forward:
    Self scoring pretty much makes point 5 in the scoring section of the first post invalid doesn't it?

5/. To avoid any time wasting, any challenges for a disputed score must be accompanied with a cash payment for £5. This will be refunded in full in the event of a successful challenge, but donated to RMTC funds if unsuccessful.
    IMHO, i think point 1 in the pistols and pellets section should be changed from....

Any single shot .177 air pistol that complies with the main MPL rules will be eligible for this competition - if in doubt, please check the main MPL rules.
    To

Only .177 Single shot spring powered, SSP (single stroke pneumatic) or MSP (muli-stroke pneumatic) pistols can be used in this competition and must comply with the current regulations by operating at 6 ft/lbs or less. All CO2 and PCP pistols are specifically banned.
    Why make people unfamiliar with the MPL go looking for the they types of pistols allowed?
    Last edited by karandras; 06-05-2013 at 10:34 AM.

[QUOTE=karandras;5957959]Self scoring pretty much makes point 5 in the scoring section of the first post invalid doesn't it?

Answers to your questions:-

The rule "5" you refer to is the one that allows a competitor to protest a score - you are probably thinking that nobody would protest against a score they have awarded to themselves - but this rule is there to allow any shooter to challenge any score shot by any competitor, so it is important that it stays included in the rules for various reasons.

We also have the option to ask to see shot cards at random or if we would like to check some cards for any reason at all - and it is possible that if we amend a score after we check the cards - then the competitor may choose to protest and so the mechanism to do so must remain in place.

Our aim with the MPL 6 yard rules is to keep them simple and as short as possible.

We do not want to repeat all of the MPL rules for the 6 yard competition - only highlight the bare bones differences and give enough information for the majority of all competitors to work with.

It will always be possible to pick lots of individual "what if's", but we would rather like competitors to have a good look at the rules from time to time - or at least to check something they are unsure of - and if they can't read and /or find what they are looking for then they can always ask and we will ensure nobody has any questions about the rules that remain unanswered.

The MPL rules have stood the test of time and been updated when needed, so I doubt there is anything a competitor to the MPL 6 yard series can't see the answer for either in the MPL 6 yard rules or the main MPL rules.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The 6 yard testing went OK last night and we are confident that the rules we have will be OK and workable.

Targets Arrived - Stamp Design is Rubber Stamped!

The bulk supply of Air 8 targets has arrived and Phil has come up with a good design and supply source for the rubber stamp that will mark the top left face of all the targets included in the entry pack.

Now we are are just about ready to go, and we have several shooters showing some interest in taking part.

The second entry on this thread has been reserved to list those that would like to take part - please let me have your name if you are not already listed and would like to be included.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-05-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Names Please

I will continue to edit the second thread to include all those that would like to enter the MPL 6 yard postal series so please keep the names coming so we can see what support we have.

The Official Target Stamp has now been ordered, and should be with us by Wednesday/Thursday.

As such, the target packs will be able to go out soon.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Well done Phil - we are almost there now!