Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds good, one question, what sort of pistols can be used ? I own a Morini 162 target pistol, a Brno Aeron B96 and a GAMO target pistol.

Thanks
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark poole View Post
    Sounds good, one question, what sort of pistols can be used ? I own a Morini 162 target pistol, a Brno Aeron B96 and a GAMO target pistol.

Thanks
    Mark
    Hi Mark,

I think it would be nice to extend the exisiting MPL rules so that all eligable pistols are "muscle powered" ie spring or SSP types.

6 yards is not really a huge distance to shoot over, and it almost seems to be a bit "over the top" to shoot a top PCP pistol over that distance, and the MPL pistols demand a bit more effort to shoot and so make it more of a challenge.

It is also nice to find an excuse to keep the old classic air pistols alive and in active service - a great excuse to collect and/or restore a few more too!

This is what I have in mind at the moment and the direction I think we should go with this new 6 yard postal competition.

ATB - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks Bob, im guessing my Gamo Compact being SSP fits the criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by mark poole View Post
    Thanks Bob, im guessing my Gamo Compact being SSP fits the criteria.
    Hope so, because that's what I'll be using. I'm hoping to get some of the lads in Leeds involved too.

The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 30-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Kind regards,

Phil
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

Good luck with this event.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

ATB
    Ian
    ........just a small selection that may be worthy of a closer inspection.......

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Great, Thanks Phil, I look forward to hearing about this soon.

Mark

Read the first post

I have started to write the rules on the first entry of this thread.

Please check back regularly as I complete and refine the rules until I get them workable and finalised.