Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 30-04-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post

The MPL is well established, in it's current format, so it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with something that suits everybody's tastes.

Kind regards,

Phil
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

Good luck with this event.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    That will be a first!

Count me in. Now, I wonder if my FWB65 will have to be rezeroed for 6 yards. I bet Bobs got some 'luuurrvvly' six yard pistols for sale.

ATB
    Ian
    ........just a small selection that may be worthy of a closer inspection.......
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    The Gamo Compact is an excellent and popular choice of pistol, and perfectly acceptable for the MPL.

I am hoping to have a bit of a sit down on Thursday, in between shots, to have a brainstorm, etc, with Bob and a few others to see what we can come up with.

Getting the Leeds lads involved sound like an excellent idea. This opens up the possibility of a team event, as well as an individual event.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Great, Thanks Phil, I look forward to hearing about this soon.

Mark

Read the first post

I have started to write the rules on the first entry of this thread.

Please check back regularly as I complete and refine the rules until I get them workable and finalised.

May I suggest a rule.

'By entering this competition series you agree to abide by the organisers decision outright'. [ or words to that effect.]

In other words you are God! If you say its Monday - then its Monday. I know they can challenge a decision at a cost of £5 but they might save up their pocket money!

I had a word with a couple of the club members last night and they have shown an interest. Mr Wilson may even dust off his old Gammo Centre to use that in the compt.
    Once more details are finalised I will put a notice up at the club and collect some names (and monies. )

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    May I suggest a rule.

'By entering this competition series you agree to abide by the organisers decision outright'. [ or words to that effect.]

In other words you are God! If you say its Monday - then its Monday. I know they can challenge a decision at a cost of £5 but they might save up their pocket money!

I had a word with a couple of the club members last night and they have shown an interest. Mr Wilson may even dust off his old Gammo Centre to use that in the compt.
    Once more details are finalised I will put a notice up at the club and collect some names (and monies. )

ATB
    Ian
    HA HA - but you touch on an important point.

The £5 cost to submit a challenge is an idea designed to try to prevent any time being wasted on lots of erroneous challenges, whilst still providing a route for any genuine challenge to be made - and if it is genuine and successful of course - at no cost!

If anyone should have a god-like image, it should be the scorer whose decision should be regarded as FINAL in all cases - but with the safety valve available to everyone and anyone who may feel a scoring mistake has been made.

I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with
    I hope you didn't get it from the dodgy looking bloke who was selling a few up at the club last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Well done Stiggy - this could be fun!

A live final will also be a first!

Count me in

I would like to have a go at this please. I have a webley ssp.

6 yard Air Pistol Shooting 2014

Please check the rules at the start of this thread and add your name to the 2014 6 yard thread if you would like to join our 6 yard postal competition that starts in January .

The 6 yard MPL competition is ideal for those that would like to compete with a spring powered or SSP air pistol that cannot get to a club or just enjoy being able to shoot from home or some other safe place at you own convenience.

The series will have 6 rounds and it would be good to shoot one round each month - a nice relaxed competition that can be shot more or less when you feel like it - but if you can score your cards and email the score's to us by the end of each month we can show the results on the 2014 thread so everyone can see how ell they are doing.

Like this year each round has 6 cards to be shot at 6 yards - and you need to put 5 shots on each card.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re scoring.

hi bob.apologys if this is a daft question but when scoring a pellet strike ;at what point of the hole in the card determines the score.ie is it the centre of the pellet hole in the ring it goes through .
    cheers bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,