Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Enjoy Shooting at 6 yards from home - or anywhere else !

It is never too late to join in this competition - and you will always get your full 6 rounds of competition shooting for your tenner ( plus £2 postage).

Send your entry fee for £12.00 to this address 6ympl@classicapa.com so we can send your competition pack to you.

Enjoy competition shooting at home and in your own time with a spring powered or SSP air pistol

This competition is ideal for those that do not have a local club to shoot at, or are unable to travel to a club for any reason but would still like the opportunity to take part in a competition that can be shot at home.

Depending on your circumstances, it is possible to shoot this competition at home - indoors or outdoors - in your loft, cellar, garage, garden etc.

Shooting at 6 yards from home ( or anywhere that is available and safe to do so) is not a new idea - it used to be considered as the "National" distance and was the backbone of the very popular ( and much missed) NARPA association for many years.

This competition is easy to take part in - just shoot 6 competition cards per month and email your scores to the same address 6ympl@classicapa.com so we can process your scores for you and add them to all the others shot in that month.

This gives you a personal target to aim at as well as the printed card targets every month and everyone will be sorted into small mini-leagues so you can shoot against others of similar abilities.

The sooner you send your entry fee away the sooner you can start enjoying your shooting with us at 6 yards.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

More New Competitors Join This Week.

Even though we ware now well into September we still have shooters joining this superb competition - so it is never too late to join-in

I need to update the entrant's list at the start of this thread to include those that have joined the competition late as it does not reflect the growing popularity of this home based competition.

Send your entry fee for £12.00 to this address 6ympl@classicapa.com so we can send your competition pack to you.
    Last edited by zooma; 21-10-2013 at 08:49 AM.

I have just caught-up with my 6 yard postal competition inspired by a make-shift pellet trap wedged up in the corner of the garage.

This may finally be the best location for my shooting at home so now I will make something a little more permanent so it is always there when I fancy some casual practice at home.

Would anybody else like to contribute by letting us know where they shoot their 6 yard postal competition cards?

You wouldn't believe what I've had to rig up on our plinking range in order to shoot this. I've actually finished all rounds now but I'll try to get some photos up at some point.

Cheers,

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by micken View Post
    You wouldn't believe what I've had to rig up on our plinking range in order to shoot this. I've actually finished all rounds now but I'll try to get some photos up at some point.

Cheers,

Mick
    Sounds intriguing!

One of the reasons for asking competitors to let us know where they shoot their 6 yard home based competitions is because I am aware of some superb efforts being made by members to accommodate their shooting within the confines of their home, whilst others take to the garden or the garage or the loft or find somewhere else away from where they live.

Please add to me to the next comp list

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This thread will be updated as competitors advise us of their interest in taking part in the first series to start next month in June 2013:-

Those that have paid and had their target packs despatched ( or collected) also have a location after their names.

Ian Hutchinson - Wokingham.
    Jim Day - Basingstoke.
    Mick Lawes - Leeds.
    Richard Sheppard - Rawtenstall.
    Nyctophiliac - London.
    Bob Stiles - Rossendale.
    etc

Please let me know if you would like your name added to this list

Hi, I am pretty new to target pistol, but would like to be added to the list for the next competition please

thanks, John - Wendover ARC, Bucks
    Cheers, John
    AA 510 AirMasters88 Reg, MTC Viper, AA 400 AirMasters88 Reg, AA TX200, Aeron BRNO B96, FWB 65, FWB 80 Walther CP88

Quote Originally Posted by johnb0001 View Post
    Hi, I am pretty new to target pistol, but would like to be added to the list for the next competition please

Hi John,

You are welcome to join us at any time - including right now!

We shoot 6 cards per month, and anyone that joins us late can catch-up in their own time and just let us have the scores of each months shooting ( 6 cards) on the email address shown here.

6ympl@classicapa.com

If you join now just let us have your scores for your first 6 cards (June) when you have shot them and your next 6 cards (July) when they are shot and so on until you catch up and then you can shoot your remaining cards whenever you like - even in advance - so you will loose nothing by joining us now if you would like to do so.

Just send your entry fee of £12 to the same email address which is also our PayPal account and we will send an entry pack out to you.

Hope you decide to join us now and start enjoying the competition straight away.
    Last edited by zooma; 22-10-2013 at 07:34 AM.

Welcome to the competition John !

I am pleased you have joined us and I will get your entry pack away to you today

6 yard Air Pistol Shooting 2014

Please check the rules at the start of this thread and add your name to the 2014 6 yard thread if you would like to join our 6 yard postal competition that starts in January .

The 6 yard MPL competition is ideal for those that would like to compete with a spring powered or SSP air pistol that cannot get to a club or just enjoy being able to shoot from home or some other safe place at you own convenience.

The series will have 6 rounds and it would be good to shoot one round each month - a nice relaxed competition that can be shot more or less when you feel like it - but if you can score your cards and email the score's to us by the end of each month we can show the results on the 2014 thread so everyone can see how ell they are doing.

Like this year each round has 6 cards to be shot at 6 yards - and you need to put 5 shots on each card.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb0001 View Post

Hi John,

There is a new thread for the 2014 competition that will start after Christmas so please register your interest there and keep an eye on the thread as we will advise the cost and how to enter in the new year.

Merry Christmas!

Bob.

I have brought this back to the top again as I am being asked about the rules by newcomers to the 6 yard MPL postal competition that did not see them the first time around.

The rules for the 2014 6 yard series remain unchanged and are exactly as shown at the start of this thread - the only change being the email address to send your scores to at the end of each month.

The new address to send your scores to by the end of each month is 6ydmpl@gmail.com
    Last edited by zooma; 10-01-2014 at 10:48 PM.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re scoring.

hi bob.apologys if this is a daft question but when scoring a pellet strike ;at what point of the hole in the card determines the score.ie is it the centre of the pellet hole in the ring it goes through .
    cheers bob.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob.apologys if this is a daft question but when scoring a pellet strike ;at what point of the hole in the card determines the score.ie is it the centre of the pellet hole in the ring it goes through .
    cheers bob.
    Hi Bob,

In the MPL competition we "score up".

This means that if your pellet hole either touches or cuts through a line that divides the different scoring rings then you take the higher score.

e.g. if your pellet is in the 7 ring but it touches or cuts the line between the 7 and 8 rings then you score 8.

If the pellet hole is between the lines of the 7 ring then it scores 7 as you would expect.

If the pellet hole is in the 7 ring but touches or cuts the line between the 6 and 7 rings then you score 7.

I hope you can understand my poor description of a very simple scoring technique

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

cheers bob thats spot on ,and a big thank you to andy[airgunner.177]for making up some walnut l/h grips for the hurricane and getting them to me pronto..
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,