Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with
    I hope you didn't get it from the dodgy looking bloke who was selling a few up at the club last night.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Sure did just because someone is well turned out & handsome doesn't make them dodgy

I'll have a go at that I've got 6 yrds at home & a nice origanal 6m to shoot it with
    Well done Stiggy - this could be fun!

A live final will also be a first!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Sure did just because someone is well turned out & handsome doesn't make them dodgy
    Why would somebody with that description be at Rivvy eh?

....now it does sound dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Why would somebody with that description be at Rivvy eh?

....now it does sound dodgy
    Which reminds me. How is 'Oliver Twist' these days?

Now that was funny! We got away with it and both clubs learnt something.

What soup is on next Monday night? Ive heard Heinz have gone into administrone.

ATB
    TC1

Looking Good.

Following a meeting with Phil who has offered to take on the job of scoring all of the MPL 6 yard cards ( yes he does have an Eagle Eye scoring probe) it is looking like the proposed rules are just about right ( lets keep it simple) and so we are almost ready to start promoting this new venture and see how many we can get to give it a go.

Phil can accept scores from scanned copies of the targets each month with coloured card underneath for those that are technically minded and fearful of the GPO (or just too tight to buy a stamp), and we may include a suitable coloured backer in every entry pack to help with this option.

Shot cards can be handed in to RMTC on any club night for Phil to score (for those that live close enough to do this) or posted to an address yet to be confirmed, so we have three ways to choose from for returning the cards each month.
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Indeed it was a very productive meeting.

Hopefully I should get a draft pdf of the rules out over the weekend, for a final proof read before going live.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Shooting.

1. Six targets need to be shot each month with 5 shots on each = total possible score of 300 ex 300.

2. All targets are to be shot unsupported & single handed at 6 yards by the shooter himself or herself.
    Hi Bob / Phil,

As the MPL is only 4 cards per round, should this one not be the same? Just a suggestion.

Plus i made a small suggestion shown in red to shooting rule 2

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Is there really any need to have an official scorer?As it can be shot anywhere unwitnessed.why not date and sign your cards,shoot then post on here or email,then randomly choose a few shooters each month to have their cards sent in and officially checked.
    This would save what could end up hundreds of cards having to be marked by Phil.
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Is there really any need to have an official scorer?As it can be shot anywhere unwitnessed.why not date and sign your cards,shoot then post on here or email,then randomly choose a few shooters each month to have their cards sent in and officially checked.
    This would save what could end up hundreds of cards having to be marked by Phil.
    Somebody has to co-ordinate and make sure everything is working well, and part if that process is to ensure we have a consistent scoring process.

We have already seen examples of "individual" scoring !

The consistent impartiality of of a permanent scorer will help competitors know that this will be a well run and organised competition, and following our meeting last night, the organisers of this series of events certainly hope we will have the problem of dealing with hundreds of cards to worry about in the future.

To get to this stage we would need a NARPA like entry success rate, and if we do achieve this we will be delighted.

As more shooters submit their scores as scans, the workload is reduced and the storage problems diminish, so although we would encourage this, we are still pleased to see the paper targets and may well ask to see some of the scanned targets at random from time to time.

Having said that, I would not discount your idea as we could still take the option of requesting self-scored cards at random now and again and this would remove the need to have a series scorer - more like a referee who would only check a few cards at random if for any reason he felt it was worth doing at any time - and possibly never!
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 06:31 PM.

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Or we could just make it easy and have all 3 comps.5 cards
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    Thanks Andi.

I'll include your suggestion in the rules.

I briefly mentioned the 4 cards to Bob. This is a difficult call, as there will be voters for and against.

6 cards at home, in your own time, is easily manageable; whereas 6 in a club environment maybe a trite more tricky, depending upon what else is on. The current MPL is 4 cards and the CCL is 6, so we do currently have a bit of a discrepancy.

We are, of course, open to discussion on this point, and it would be interesting to hear what others think.

I, personally, will probably shoot this at home so 6 won't be a problem.

I have experienced self scoring, and score manipulation, in other competitions, and this really spoilt it for me, so a central scoring point is a good thing to have. I do have assistance on offer for this, should it be required, so I am not anticipating to much of a problem.

Only time will tell.
    Sadly i won't be able to join in with this comp, but if i was i would be delighted that its being verified so there is just one std score checking using the correct gauge, good luck all enjoy & i hope its a great success, ...mike...

This post has been superseded
    Last edited by zooma; 05-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Or we could just make it easy and have all 3 comps.5 cards
    Why? Are you struggling to count to 6?

MPL = MUSCLE Power League. Us, shall we say, more delicate of the species , (more brain than brawn) find it difficult to cock a proper spring pistol in comp more than 20 times.

Let there be a scoring God! Their word is FINAL. No ifs or buts.

ATB
    Ian

My one slight contention is with - ' ....with a witness to sign the shot cards to confirm they have been shot by the competitor...'
    As I will be shooting down my hall way (NOT my back passage ) I will have all my doors locked. For safety s sake I do not want anyone else in my house. (Im giving all the servants the day off. )

ATB
    Ian