Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Names Please

I will continue to edit the second thread to include all those that would like to enter the MPL 6 yard postal series so please keep the names coming so we can see what support we have.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The Official Target Stamp has now been ordered, and should be with us by Wednesday/Thursday.

As such, the target packs will be able to go out soon.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Well done Phil - we are almost there now!

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    This thread will be updated as competitors advise us of their interest in taking part in the first series to start next month in June 2013:-

Phil Hewitt.
    Fat Stigg.
    Graham Tank.
    Trouser Skip Steve.
    Ian Jones.
    Zooma.
    Andi Mackenzie.
    John Gould.
    Mark Poole.
    Micken.
    Kandras.
    Ian Hutchinson.
    Lee C.

Please let me know if you would like your name added to this list
    The two in red are me, so you might want to remove one of them .

OK - one of you is enough!

mrfixit is offline There's many a slip twixt trousers and skip
    Also remove trouser skip Steve from the list please.I would have liked to shoot it at home to use as practice but I'm not paying £10 for the privilege.And no I'm not tight(IJ)before you pipe in
    Home Page:
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu

£10 does sound a bit on the high side, but I'll still give it a go if the targets fit in the same target holder/pellet catcher as the normal ones. It's an excuse for shooting at home I can use on the wife

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    .And no I'm not tight(IJ)before you pipe in
    Moi?

Its just your the only bloke I know who has drilled a hole in the fridge door to make sure the light goes out!
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Count me in

I would like to have a go at this please. I have a webley ssp.

Whats £10 in the general scheme of things?

Looking forward to this

3 pints or nearly 2 tins of pellets or one of each

Quote Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
    Also remove trouser skip Steve from the list please.I would have liked to shoot it at home to use as practice but I'm not paying £10 for the privilege.And no I'm not tight(IJ)before you pipe in
    No Problem Steve - there never has been a fee for practicing at home - and I am sure nobody has ever considered you to be "tight"

Ten pounds is a lot of money when you have lost your pants, but with no range fees or traveling costs involved it can even appeal to those that are strapped for cash.

This will be a good national competition (like NARPA) with entrants from all over the UK that will find the best 6 yard air pistol shooter in the UK -as well as giving the rest of us "not so goods" an interesting competition that does not have to take up any club time - but it will produce a British Champion at the end of the series and will provide good value for money (wait and see).
    Last edited by zooma; 14-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmytwobikes View Post
    I would like to have a go at this please. I have a webley ssp.
    Thanks Jimmy - I have added your name to the list.

Soon we will be inviting all those that would like to enter to let us have their post address so we can post out the entry packs to them - you can let me have this by PM any time it suites you.

Good luck, and thanks for your support by entering this new postal competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    £10 does sound a bit on the high side, but I'll still give it a go if the targets fit in the same target holder/pellet catcher as the normal ones. It's an excuse for shooting at home I can use on the wife
    Hi John,

The Air 8 targets are the standard air pistol size and certainly fit in all of the target holders we have tested so far.

Your entry is not bad value for money as it gives you the chance to become the first 6 yard British Champion for many years!.......and of course you can practice at home free of charge as often as you like with no range fees, traveling costs or memberships etc to pay.

This is an "open" competition and so anyone that thinks they are good enough to be the best 6 yard shot in the UK has the chance to prove it against anybody that wants to compete for the title.

Most of us just look forward to the fun element and the chance to shoot our MPL pistols over the National 6 yard distance on the official Air 8 targets and so winning is not especially important - but for those of you that are "at the top of the tree" here is a rare opportunity to display your talents and to see if you can become a National Champion !

Lets see if anybody can hit a "possible" in the live finals under competition conditions at the end of the season - still a challenge at 6 yards on an Air 8 target that is unlikely to be achieved.
    Last edited by zooma; 14-05-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Target holder, measured distance and back stop sorted. Im looking forward to this national competition.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk