Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

6 yard Air Pistol - National Ranking.

At the end of each season we will be able to publish a National Ranking of all 6 yard pistol competitors.

This will give some degree of satisfaction ( and bragging rights) to those at the top of the list, and a good source of barracking for the rest of us that seldom need an excuse in any case.

We will start preparing the entry packs this week.

There are a lot of competitors whose names are not listed on this thread yet, so don't be shy - let me have some names so the list looks a bit more representative of the numbers involved.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

The stamp arrived today, and brought me a great deal of amusement when I had a quick go.

It does look very good.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Competition Entry Packs Ready To Go !

Phil spent some time banging away on his printing press above the range last night, and when we emerged he had stamped and counted out the first batch of targets - so now we have some packs ready to distribute for the new 6 yard MPL competition.

Please contact myself or Phil if you would like to join in and get started.

The first round of 6 cards have to be completed by the end of June and can be shot at any time before then.

This is a great new fun competition that you can shoot at home, and with only 6 cards to shoot per month it should not be too stressful for anyone to fit into their shooting time.

Phil is going to make a new email address for the scores to be sent to each month, and the results will be displayed here and on CAPA during the second week of the month following ( sooner if possible).

We are also going to set-up a PayPal account to make it easy for anyone who would like to enter to transfer their entry fee to us by this very convenient method - but we can still accept cash or cheques made payable to "Rossendale Model Car Club" for those that prefer not to dabble with this new fangled online banking malarky.

Entry packs can be collected from us at the club or can be posted out to any UK address for an extra £2.00 to cover postage and packing.

The entry packs include 36 pre-stamped Air 8 targets ( shoot 6 cards per month) and a 2013 MPL sticker to put on your pistol grip.

Entry fee is £10.00 for the 6 month competition, and entry packs can be posted out to any mainland UK address for £12.00 including post and pack.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-05-2013 at 10:59 AM.

The email address for scores is:-

6ympl@classicapa.com

This has also be sent up as a PayPal account, so you can now pay for your competition packs this way.

Don't forget to include your name, forum name, and address.

Kind regards,

Phil

Looks like you'll have to count me out Bob, I've been banned from shooting in the house & this is England so one dry day per month to shoot outdoors can't be guaranteed. From what I've heard today there won't be a 6yrd at Rivi either so I'm out of options.
    Good luck to all taking part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Looks like you'll have to count me out Bob, I've been banned from shooting in the house & this is England so one dry day per month to shoot outdoors can't be guaranteed. From what I've heard today there won't be a 6yrd at Rivi either so I'm out of options.
    Good luck to all taking part.
    You are not the only person to be bossed by SWMBO and is banned from playing with your toys at home.

Just bung your targets in one of the Red Rob bell targets you have at Rivvy - they hold these targets perfectly.

We will probably have some of the 6 yard competitors cards shot at RMTC on Thursday nights as well, so it is not a big problem to overcome - thats the reason for having the 6 yard series - its something that anyone can take part in without too much effort.

I hope to pick my '6 yard pack' up plus some spare practice targets ( Bob) tomorrow night (Tues). Boy, do I need the practice at 6 yards as Ive never shot that distance and those bulls look tiny!

We are trying to discourage 6 yard shooting up at Rivi as this will take up another already well used and in much demand lane (10m rifle, bell target, MPL, CCL, Scottish, plinkers etc etc etc.) I thought one of the main principals of the 6 yard was to cater for those non club members and those postal shooters who hadn't got 10m.

John (FAT STIG)? What are you? A man or a mouse? Be assertive. Give the Mrs your credit card and get some 6 yarding in while SWMBO is absent. ( Or nip round to Christines for a bang. )

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Two words Ian squeak & eeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!!!!

Chorley; somewhere to the SW of I.J. (fortunately)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat stig View Post
    Two words Ian squeak & eeeeeeeeeekkkk!!!!!!!
    .......is the right answer ( on behalf of SWMBO )
    Nowhere to go ........in no hurry to get there; www.rivington-riflemen.uk----- well I suppose it is somewhere to go.... founded by I.J. - let down by the tainted blood scandal

Elvis, my pet mouse, has just died.

He was caught in a trap.

Paypal incoming for the comp and some practice targets.

When do we need to tell you which pistols/pellets we'll be using?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I hope to pick my '6 yard pack' up plus some spare practice targets ( Bob) tomorrow night (Tues). Boy, do I need the practice at 6 yards as Ive never shot that distance and those bulls look tiny!

We are trying to discourage 6 yard shooting up at Rivi as this will take up another already well used and in much demand lane (10m rifle, bell target, MPL, CCL, Scottish, plinkers etc etc etc.) I thought one of the main principals of the 6 yard was to cater for those non club members and those postal shooters who hadn't got 10m.

John (FAT STIG)? What are you? A man or a mouse? Be assertive. Give the Mrs your credit card and get some 6 yarding in while SWMBO is absent. ( Or nip round to Christines for a bang. )

ATB
    Ian
    Answers to your points in the order you made them (more or less).

6 yard entry packs - no problem.

Spare 6 yard targets - we got tons of em.

Not letting shooters use the Bell target to hold their 6 yard targets - tight git!

Yes - the aim is to cater for home shooters - but we are "all inclusive" and should make exceptions for bullied people that are not allowed to play at home.

Take some strong cheddar cheese back for Stiggy ( then let him use your bell targets to shoot his cards - don't tell the wife).

Right - thats got that sorted

Pistol, Pellets, etc should be included in the scores submission email.

Suggested format is :-

Name,
    Pistol,
    Pellets,
    Score target 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
    Total score for round.

It is not a requirement to use the same pistol for each round, as long as the one used conforms to the rules.

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post

Not letting shooters use the Bell target to hold their 6 yard targets - tight git!

Yes - the aim is to cater for home shooters - but we are "all inclusive" and should make exceptions for bullied people that are not allowed to play at home.

Using one lane to shoot and change 6 yard targets would take up, for safetys sake, two lanes. Seeing we have only 5 lanes this would not be acceptable.

It would be easier and cheaper to get some cheese.

I need a couple of rules clarified.

Do we score down or up if the pellet is between rings?

I've done one competition scoring down and one scoring up, I can't see which way we are going with this comp.

Also, how do we score a miss? Zero or minus 1?

And finally, do we need to shoot witnessed?

A link to the main MPL rules would be great (assuming not those in post #1), I have tried searching with no luck.

Cheers.

BTW - is shooting cheese an option? I've got some great Wookey Hole Cheddar handy.