Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

All scoring is upward so a split (or touching) line scores the higher score.

A miss is not penalised, it just doesn't score, so gets recorded as a 0.

This competition is being run on the honour system, so targets do not need to be witnessed.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Cheers Phil.

Clarity is reached, now for the shoots!

(I've re-measured my 6 yd range - seems I was shooting slightly longer. Sigh. Back to square one practise.)

Targtet packs being posted out - entries coming in !

As the target packs are posted out or collected, I have added a location to the competitors name on the posting number 2 on this thread.

This helps everyone to see that their entry has been recognised and acknowleged and adds some interest as we see that this is a nation-wide competition and gives some idea of the diversity this competition is beginning to attract.

The email address provided and the PayPal account now makes it so easy to enter and get started, and the same email address also makes it very simple to return your scores when you are ready to do so.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I picked my pack up last night and some practice 6 yard cards. I like a bit of a challenge - I was born by Caesarean and even now occasionally get out of the car via the sun roof - you should see me with steps! - so I set a 6yd card up at 10m. We didnt need the Eagle Eye!
    I will re zero a nice FWB80 for the new shorter distance and may have to change my shooting glasses. (Ready Reads @ £1). More expense.

Im looking forward to this competition. Good luck everyone.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Some Air 8 targets were test shot tonight at RMTC to the new 6 yard MPL rules and everything worked just fine.

This will be a really good fun competition that anyone can enjoy without needing expensive equipment - we already have entries from those who will be shooting a range of affordable pistols from Webleys to Walthers - and I bet they will really enjoy themselves.

The only result that counts is your own, so your main competitor will always be yourself - but it is always nice to see how everyone else is getting on, and interesting to see what pistols and pellets they are using.

Anyone who has not already grabbed an entry pack can do so right now online - so go for it and have some fun with your air pistol this summer and look forward to the winter series that will follow it.

Enter now at 6ympl@classicapa.com

The start date is Saturday the 1st of June, so we'll be off shortly.

We can get target packs out quite quickly, so it's not too late to enter.

Each round lasts for the full month, so you have from the first day until the last day to shoot all 6 targets.

In order to make collating the results easy, can we say that all results for the month just shot should be received by 22:00 on the 5th of the next month.

For example, you have from the 1st of June until the 30th of June to shoot June's round, and until 22:00 on the 5th of July to submit the scores for June.

The email address to submit your scores is:-

6ympl@classicapa.com

Kind regards,

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by p.m.h View Post
    The start date is Saturday the 1st of June, so we'll be off shortly.

We can get target packs out quite quickly, so it's not too late to enter.

Each round lasts for the full month, so you have from the first day until the last day to shoot all 6 targets.

In order to make collating the results easy, can we say that all results for the month just shot should be received by 22:00 on the 5th of the next month.

For example, you have from the 1st of June until the 30th of June to shoot June's round, and until 22:00 on the 5th of July to submit the scores for June.

The email address to submit your scores is:-

6ympl@classicapa.com

Kind regards,

Phil
    If anyone misses the start date - dont panic - you still have until the end of the month to shoot your first 6 cards - bags of time - so lets have those late entries anytime soon.

Who do I pay

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Phil spent some time banging away on his printing press above the range last night, and when we emerged he had stamped and counted out the first batch of targets - so now we have some packs ready to distribute for the new 6 yard MPL competition.

Please contact myself or Phil if you would like to join in and get started.

The first round of 6 cards have to be completed by the end of June and can be shot at any time before then.

This is a great new fun competition that you can shoot at home, and with only 6 cards to shoot per month it should not be too stressful for anyone to fit into their shooting time.

Phil is going to make a new email address for the scores to be sent to each month, and the results will be displayed here and on CAPA during the second week of the month following ( sooner if possible).

We are also going to set-up a PayPal account to make it easy for anyone who would like to enter to transfer their entry fee to us by this very convenient method - but we can still accept cash or cheques made payable to "Rossendale Model Car Club" for those that prefer not to dabble with this new fangled online banking malarky.

Entry packs can be collected from us at the club or can be posted out to any UK address for an extra £2.00 to cover postage and packing.

The entry packs include 36 pre-stamped Air 8 targets ( shoot 6 cards per month) and a 2013 MPL sticker to put on your pistol grip.

Entry fee is £10.00 for the 6 month competition, and entry packs can be posted out to any mainland UK address for £12.00 including post and pack.
    Hi,

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while, please could you tell me where or who I can pay my entry fee to receive my cards.

Many Thanks

Mark poole

Hello Mark.

There is still plenty of time for this.

If you have a PayPal account you can send £12 to the email address 6ympl@classicapa.com

If you would prefer to pay by cheque, send zooma a pm and he'll give you the details.

Kind regards,

Phil

Thanks Phil

Zooma

Payment made via PayPal, look forward to receiving my cards.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mark poole View Post
    Payment made via PayPal, look forward to receiving my cards.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

I will send your target pack out to you today.

ATB - Bob.

Postal Entry Packs sent out today.

All those named on the list (see second post) will either have collected their target packs or had them posted today, so without the Bank Holiday delays they should all arrive to everyone this week, in plenty of time for the competition.

Any more for the 6 yard home shooting comp?..

Please let me know so I can get some more targets stamped-up and sent out ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    All those named on the list (see second post) will either have collected their target packs or had them posted today, so without the Bank Holiday delays they should all arrive to everyone this week, in plenty of time for the competition.

Any more for the 6 yard home shooting comp?..

Please let me know so I can get some more targets stamped-up and sent out ASAP.
    Due to a fault with the Royal Mail online booking system that affected those with an O2 internet connection the entry packs were not sent out yesterday as planned.

Apparently (it is claimed by RM) that when Sky took over the O2 internet business this week they did not release the necessary security codes (?) but hopefully this will be corrected today.

We will send the entry packs out today.
    Last edited by zooma; 29-05-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Received my targets and my spares today. Nice stamp and very nice sticker, but I think it'll go on the case, not the pistol.

Now the practise really starts.

Good luck one and all.