Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MPL 6 yard Postal Competition.

Spare MPL stickers available

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac View Post
    Received my targets and my spares today. Nice stamp and very nice sticker, but I think it'll go on the case, not the pistol.

Now the practise really starts.

Good luck one and all.
    The sticker is also available in case size too - check the thread for more info as we sell sticker packs with the bigger case sticker and spare pistol grip stickers as spares.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

6 Yard Pistol Shooting at RMTC

We dragged some card tables down onto the 10 meter range for the last hour at RMTC tonight and set them up at 6 yards so we could shoot some of the Air 8, 6 yard pistol targets.

Two very interesting observations:-

Firstly, the sights do not need any changes from the normal 10 meter settings - so the target must be "scaled" perfectly and so nobody has to worry about messing up their 10 meter settings to shoot at 6 yards as everything works exactly the same!

Secondly, almost everybody scored about the same as they would at 10 metres on the regular Air 4 10 metre pistol targets - so the competition is not going to be a push-over for anyone and so it is looking very good indeed.

Anyone that has not entered is missing a very good competition and should get an entry in quick while the opportunity is still there for everyone to have a go.

Spare Targets

We know that some of you would like some Air 8 targets to practice with, but don't want to buy them in "bulk" from the NSRA, so we are happy to pass small quantities on so you only have as any as you need.

Spare targets can be supplied for home practice in small quantities of 10 (or multiples of 10).

Delivery costs for up to 50 targets will be £2.00 p&p,.

Please ask if you would like more than 50 targets so we can weigh them and see what the postage charge will be.

Round 1 - June 2013

Just a quick reminder to say we are off.

June 2013 - Runs from the 1st until the 30th - Scores must be received no later than 22:00 on the 5th of July 2013.

Scores should be sent to: 6ympl@classicapa.com

Could you kindly put your name and month in the Subject, and also include the following:-

Name (forum name, if any), month, pistol, pellets, score in the format: 38 + 34 + 37 + 41 + 44 + 39 = 233

This is a slightly different format than previously mentioned, but this fits the score spreadsheet more neatly.

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 01-06-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Great to have this underway!

3 results in already.

Just goes to show what a sunny day and nothing good on the telly can do.

Kind regards,

Phil

Late Entries

Late entries are welcome - you can join in at any time.

Anyone joining during this month (June) will get the full 6 rounds in and can shoot a relaxed 6 cards per month - anyone joining after the end of June will need to "catch-up" - but they will still be able to shoot the full 36 card series.

Shooting more cards has never be a problem for a target shooter, and since they are self scoring we can add the result at any time - so if you read this therad at any time in the future - you are still not too late to join-in at any time

Another new competetor from Burnley has joined us this morning - so lets have some more entries please!
    Last edited by zooma; 03-06-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Late entries are welcome - you can join in at any time.

Anyone joining during this month (June) will get the full 6 rounds in and can shoot a relaxed 6 cards per month - anyone joining after the end of June will need to "catch-up" - but they will still be able to shoot the full 36 card series.

Shooting more cards has never be a problem for a target shooter, and since they are self scoring we can add the result at any time - so if you read this therad at any time in the future - you are still not too late to join-in at any time

Another new competetor from Burnley has joined us this morning - so lets have some more entries please!
    Another new competitor from Worthing also joined the competition last night - lets keep it going !

6ympl@classicapa.com

Another new competitor from Tamworth also joined the competition last night - lets keep it going !

6ympl@classicapa.com

Still more interest in this competition - late entries accepted

6ympl@classicapa.com

Welcome to the competition Tim.

.......any more late comers?.....everyone is welcome

mailto: 6ympl@classicapa.com

Just shot my first round!

Despite having a nice warm brew to hand and in comforting surroundings (apart from being disturb by the post man ) I was sweating like a dyslexic on Countdown. Good practice though.
    Heres to round 2.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Well done Ian - I am pleased you are enjoying the 6 yard competition.

So far, the results are about the same as they would be at 10 meters - so it is not so much different in skill levels and it makes a good competition for the 10 meter shooter to try his hand at for a change - without any sight adjustments needed.

See you at RMTC next week.

Shooters may recall we did say we would look at splitting the Leader Board into divisions, in order to allow less skilled shooters to have a sense of achievement.

Myself, Bob, and Graham briefly spoke about this the other night, and decided we would review this once July's results are known.

Once assigned to a division shooters will then stay in that division until the end of the competition.

Are there any thoughts/comments/or objections to this?

Kind regards,

Phil
    Last edited by p.m.h; 22-06-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Welcome to the competition Tim.

.......any more late comers?.....everyone is welcome

mailto: 6ympl@classicapa.com
    thanks for all your help and letting us late comers join in my first round just been shot and scores in
    ATVB
    tim
    .177 STEYR HUNTING SCOUT SA FULL CARBON SHROUD BUSHNELL ELITE 4200