Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
Well, removed the barrel from the action and tried the tube. No effect. Decided upon a 2lb hammer and a block of wood and a couple of strikes later the barrel is as straight as a very straight thing. If you try this approach, make sure to use a couple of bits of wood or some soft vice jaws to clamp the barrel tightly before commencing the hammer violence, and obviously use a straight edge (12 steel rule) on top of breech block to check on progress. Mine must have had at least 3 mm of deflection front to back, no wonder it was shooting to the stars!
Now removed my modification to the foresight assembly as the gun is shooting where it is pointed again.
I think I might have been a bit harsh in my original assessment of this gun. Now it is straight, and I am not as frustrated, it is pleasant to shoot. Incidentally, when the action was removed from the grips, it is very apparent how well engineered the gun is. Trigger is also surprisingly good as I further reduced the sear engagement. Looking forward to setting this one up properly now at the clubs indoor 10m range.

Sorted!

Andy
Now you have a perfect air pistol to enter the 6 yard MPL with Andy

This is a classic competition run along the lines of the old NARPA competition and is designed to be shot with classic pistols of the type that would have been used at that time i.e. - springers and SSP.

6 yards means that anybody can practice at home with no club or range fees to pay, and the stamped competition targets supplied can be shot at any time during the time period.

The tutu is an option that can also be worn if it makes you feel more comfortable when you shoot - but is not required for the live shoulder to shoulder finals at the end of the season if you choose to enter that as well ( included in the modest £10 entry fee)