Thread: Steyr CO2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raistrick View Post
    I have a PCP LP5 and would be interested in the kit to make it run on CO2. Is it something that you can easily switch between each type? Does it need specific cylinders?

^^ never used CO2 so don't know what I'd be doing.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

To simplify it a bit (for sake of a quick overview) the cylinder adaptor is held on with four caphead screws, these are removed along wth the air cylinder adaptor and the CO2 type is inserted and replaced with four slightly different length screws.

You can see a video of this process ( for the single shot pistol) on Steyrs site to give you some idea of the process involved.

CO2 cylinders are then used instead of the air cylinders to store and supply the gas.

The velocity adjustment screw may need turning after conversion to get the required pellet speed as you change from air to CO2, and you make like to ask Harry at Steyr UK to do this conversion for you?

I have not changed a multi-shot pistol either to or from CO2 so it may or may not be as simple a process as the single shot pistol changes have been, so asking some advice from an expert who has done it before would be wise before jumping straight in.

........as a matter of interest - why do you want to change from air to CO2 ?
    Last edited by zooma; 10-05-2013 at 05:43 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.