Thread: HRPC HFT Rnd 6 and Oopen results

Smile HRPC HFT Rnd 6 and Open results

Firstly I want to say a big thank you to everyone for coming along today it was good to see you all

And thank you for all the comments, it’s nice to know you was all made to feel welcome and that you all enjoyed the venue and the course. Which leads me to thank all the guys that helped set up and take down today, you all deserve a beer in my books and the course was far from easy, well for me anyway. So a big well done for a cracking course

But just before I post the scores I want to say a huge well done to Sammie, Tom and Neil for putting in some greats scores… Both Tom and Neil for your first HFT you did amazing, and Tom one of our juniors really had a blinding start to HFT.. one to watch in the future I think.

Now I have bored you all, here are the scores

Rikki Ellis O 56

Steve Buckley O 56

Rob Appleyard O 56

Jon Fairman O 56

Bryan Beggan O 55

Kim Lum O 53

Rob Hobson O 52

Graham Guest O 52

Rob Smith O 50

Spencer Hayward O 50

Mark Coshall O 50

Paul Fletcher O 49

Terry Evans O 49

Duane Saunders O 46

Quentyn Taylor O 45

Simon Eley O 45

Bill Stanway O 45

Neil Avery O 45

Sammie Ellies O 39 (L)

Pete Jackson 22 43

Tom Tucker 22 43 (J)

Ewan Potter 22 35

Bob Pattenden R 53

Simon Humpreys R 53

Dave Maun R 45

John Turnball R 43

Conrad Wells R 42

Lawrence Ray R 36

Mike Debenham DNF

Great shooting everyone and we hope you all had fun and that your not be strangers and come and join us again

Atb Rob
    Last edited by helix; 13-05-2013 at 06:12 AM.
    "qui audet adipiscitur!"

Best moment of the day by far was young Tom nailing that awkward 40 odd yarder off the log , really pleased for him . I have never seen his dad smile so much . lol

Note to Rob : Never build your own fandangled target , you will never hit it I would offer you a shoulder to cry on mate but mines no use anyway .

Building a large quality 30 shot course like that from scratch is very commendable - well done chaps !

atvb

Dave
    ]Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway. ~ Elbert Hubbard[

Must say loved being there today and a big thanks to terry for showing me the ropes and to rick for letting me try his lovely daystate.

Just hope I do better next time

Tom.m

Well done Steve and Jon top shooting guys
    oops missed Rob out

A really good day a well thought out course stunning surroundings
    and good company, you can't ask for more.

The wife hasn't stop analysing her day but had a excellent time
    and has said numerous times how nice everyone is.

Thanks for all the work put in by you guys you know I'll be back like
    a bad penny

look forward to next time tom and Dave mate cheers for the metalwork
    saved me a real headache.

Rob i liked the bunny in the box mate

Rikki
    Last edited by gtott; 12-05-2013 at 07:48 PM.
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Thanks

Hi Rob and Team, thanks for a great shoot, 100% sure I will be back, hopefully with a few more Hobbits next time.

Kim
    Air Arms TX200

thanks to the HRPC's guys, great shoot really enjoyed it
    oh and rikki, keep that pound warm for me mate its coming home with me next time
    Sako A7.270,b14hmr 6.5cm,Weatherby vanguard.223,Browningt-bolt.17hmr,Ruger American.22l,M1903 30/06,Marlin.44 and a fireball throwing m44

Quote Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post
    Best moment of the day by far was young Tom nailing that awkward 40 odd yarder off the log , really pleased for him . I have never seen his dad smile so much . lol

Note to Rob : Never build your own fandangled target , you will never hit it I would offer you a shoulder to cry on mate but mines no use anyway .

Building a large quality 30 shot course like that from scratch is very commendable - well done chaps !

atvb

Dave
    tom was superb! obviously a natural.

even I got rob's bunny in a box ... with an unzero'd scope that was my shot of the day.

It was great to see some old/new faces coming along to our shoot today.

Yet another tricky course. Great to see some people with pb's, also well shot Jon, Bob and Rikki!
    Although Rikki I think you are starting to tame the course/land a bit over the last few shoots?! We may have to put some trickier targets out for the next shoot!

Couldn't have asked for more cracking weather and company.

Looking forward to the next one already!

Atb

Steve
    HW100 T, Remington 700 .243
    CZ452 Silhouette .22lr, CZ452 .17HMR
    Beretta 686 White Onyx

great course!

Thanks for a great mornings shooting! Fantastic location and really friendly people!

Note to self....its not the winning, its the taking part!
    its not the winning, its the taking part! ...its not the winning, its the taking part...
    its not the winning..... its not the winning. its not the winning.... its not the..oh bugger, I came last!! sod it!

Defo be back for more though! lovely spot, and very challenging (for me!!)

Cheers to all!
    Wobble..wobble.....BANG!

Smile Cheers Tom

your welcome. Glad you enjoyed and it was a pleasure to shoot with somebody who was smiling all of the time and didn't get downhearted. I'm sure that after a few sessions down at the club you'll sort out your aim points and get a decent score next time (especially if you get the decent PCP under discussion). To be honest a .22, SMK doesn't do you any favours and your sights a bit naff so all in all I recon you did pretty well. Especially having a crap at range finding mentor LOL.
    Seriously though having had a try with Riks Daystate you can see what I was saying about .177 pcp as being the best tool for HFT. Don't worry about using it for hunting either, all my other rifles are .22 but I'll still take the R10 every time.

See you down the club

Terry