Thread: starter PCP 10meter rifle

starter PCP 10meter rifle

Guys,
    thinking of getting into bell target shooting, and already own a FWB 300, in fact me and my best mate do along with a few at our club, we're hoping to introduce bell targets into the club but I'm thinking of branching into the PCP side of it. I have a P70 but its running at 16joules and I dont own the dioptres for it,. its scoped as an FT setup.

Any suggestions for an entry level rifle? and a bell target anywhere.

ATB

Mav
    Whether you think you can or whether you think can't, you're right!!

How about the Air Arms MPR range, they do 6ftlb versions too.

Not tried this particular model, but my S400 Classic is a superb rifle, so I expect this range will perform very well.

Kind regards,

Phil
    I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
    >>Classic Air Pistol Association<<
    >>North Manchester Target Club<<

Quote Originally Posted by mav78 View Post
    Guys,
    thinking of getting into bell target shooting, and already own a FWB 300, in fact me and my best mate do along with a few at our club, we're hoping to introduce bell targets into the club but I'm thinking of branching into the PCP side of it. I have a P70 but its running at 16joules and I dont own the dioptres for it,. its scoped as an FT setup.

Any suggestions for an entry level rifle? and a bell target anywhere.

ATB

Mav
    Hi there.I think the hammerli ar20 10m version is hard to beat for the money,i have bought one recently and it cost me £675 new,i use it for bell target shooting and it's more than accurate enough.The only other rifle that i know of in the same price range is the air arms mpr which i dont think is as good.The best bell targets i have seen are from city air weapons in solihull and cost around £130 ish...

MPR is multipurpose. Its doesnt excell at anything. Hence imo no good for pure 10m. Than the AA200 7.5J is a better choice.
    Hammerli indeed ihard to beat, but be aware, parts/service for walther/hammerli are HORRIBLE
    You can also look at sechand pcp's, like Walther 200 etc. But be aware that old pcp's will start leaking any day now.
    ATB,
    yana

PCP Ten Meter

Hi Mav

I am sorry, I to have to disagree with Yana on the AA200, we have five of these in our League, they are great little rifles to start the children off, or maybe for a small lady, but for the average gent they are way too small and to light and the triggers are not the best to compete at ten meter, the MPR AA400 is also on the small side, but a much better rifle than the 200, with a much better trigger and a bit more weight.

It depends on your budget I would suggest, again based on your physical make up the wooden stocked version of the FWB P70 I have recently seen one of these go for £650 ish in excellent condition, plenty of spares available and easy to service, you may be able to pick up the aluminium stocked version for a couple of hundred pounds more, but they are a little harder to come by. I also agree with Lewis above, the hammerli ar20 is a cheap entry PCP, although I found this a little light you could add some weight.

Jim

cheers

Cheers for the responses folks. I have the fwb p70 already but minus the original dioptre set. Its currently scoped and running at around 11ft lbs. Any tips on where to look for the dioptre set? Also im sure I would need to swap the reg out for an 8joules one.

Cheers again

Mav
    Whether you think you can or whether you think can't, you're right!!

I got a feinwerkbau 601 a couple of months back excellent starter rifle for 10mtr paper target ..... Just can't find a club local that does paper target only

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steven842 View Post
    I got a feinwerkbau 601 a couple of months back excellent starter rifle for 10mtr paper target ..... Just can't find a club local that does paper target only

Steve
    Try Dunfermline Smallbore Rifle Club, you can't get more local than that.

It says on their website they do 10m rifle and pistol.

Hope that helps.
    Daystate Mk4, Daystate X2 Merlyn, Weihrauch HW77k, Weihrauch HW35E, Benelli Kite

I have a CR20 which is the co2 version of the AR20 and I am finding it difficult to find a pellet it does not like, Apart from Gamo Raptor PBA pellets all of the seven types of .177 I have tried so far have been going into one hole group at 10m. The Walther barrel on these rifles is superb IMHO.

John
    Last edited by Bobupndown; 24-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.

BSA Cadet 10 mtr.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/4584/dscf8404u.jpg

BSA do a 10 Mtr version of their .177 Scorpion Tactical, it was originally made for Army and Air Cadets, it is now on sale to the public, their listed price is £510, I got mine from a local BSA dealer at a good discounted price, it is called a BSA Scorpion Cadet 3P, set at 6 ft lbs, includes diopters. It comes as a 10 shot but John Knibbs do a single shot converter mag for £25.99 + post.

Hope link to pic works, if not google it for pics.

Walther and Hammerli do a rifle called the Walther LG30 Universal match air rifle which might fit the bill
    http://www.targetsportsmagazine.com/...iversal-magic/