I have just tried my new Hatsan Dominator carbine for the first time and was greatly impressed.
Sitting at the range alongside 3 PCP silenced rifles quietly popping at various targets, everyone soon jumped when i fired the first shot which came with a loud 'thwack'. Various comments were made and i was soon a centre of attention whilst sighting in my 50mm scope down the 30m range.
I was soon forming groups about the size of a 10p piece, and once even used the same pellet hole twice.
After using a Weirauch 35 break barrel for many years it was pure bliss using the underlever, although i did find the .177 pellets fiddly to load after plugging .22 pellets in a break barrell, soon got the knack though.
The Dominator is a heavy rifle at over 9lbs, but whilst at the club i had the pleasure of swapping the Dominator with a TX200 carbine (my favourite rifle) for a few shots, and found the two rifles very comparable, about the same weight although the Dominator seemed to be longer.
Over all, i am very pleased with the Dominator.
I have arranged to have the Dominator Chrono'd at the next club meeting, just to make sure it is legal, as i have heard that these rifles are set around 18ft/lb in their native Turkey.