Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New club opening this weekend. i saw

New Range

Hi pleople out there
    They must be missing this ad
    Where is everyone they say they done have anywhere to shoot so we open up a new range and people are taking there time to find us and missing all that good shooting in this nice weather.
    Check out our web page and see the pictures they are good SO COME ON DOWN.

new club

open again this weekend hope to see you there.

Quote Originally Posted by lam007 View Post
    Hi pleople out there
    Where is everyone they say they done have anywhere to shoot so we open up a new range and people are taking there time to find us and missing all that good shooting in this nice weather.
    Could be down to the high cost?.

jalan01 Guest
    Hi pleople out there
    Know the feeling buddy We put details of our new pistol club on the 3 best/most popular shooting forums (see post - New IPSS/Practical Pistol Club opened in Cardiff) and in 3 weeks we have had just one person show any interest!.. You spend all your time and money setting up a club thinking/hoping your gonna be swamped with interest.. then nothing.. maybe it just takes a bit of time to build up a membership? I dunno? I've prob'ly spent around £1,000 of my own money getting this up and running, and I don't mind that because of the pleasure it gives me and our other founder members.. But would be nice to get some of the investment back from membership fee's!.

Good Luck anyways.. Hope it works out for you in the longer term
    Last edited by jalan01; 12-08-2013 at 08:06 PM.

new Club

we are still here and shooting every Friday , saturday and sunday so come on down.

new club

we are open as always this weekend

new club

rain dont stop play where we are

Hi pleople out there
    Many like the look of the range,but feel it is a little over priced at present if that were to change more may show up!

ATB.

New club

That maybe true .
    But this is a very large range with plenty of land to shoot on and the other club i shoot at charges the same price and we can only shoot 60 yards and can just about hold 15 people .

That maybe true .
    But this is a very large range with plenty of land to shoot on and the other club i shoot at charges the same price and we can only shoot 60 yards and can just about hold 15 people .
    You are miles too far away for me to visit, but considering the fact that more than a few people have commented on the price....

Ask yourself, is it better to have 5 people paying £15 or 10 people paying a £10? Might be worth you dropping your prices for a month (or longer considering the winter weather is coming) and seeing if the numbers improve.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by jalan01 View Post
    Know the feeling buddy You spend all your time and money setting up a club thinking/hoping your gonna be swamped with interest.. then nothing.. maybe it just takes a bit of time to build up a membership? I dunno? I've prob'ly spent around £1,000 of my own money getting this up and running, and I don't mind that because of the pleasure it gives me and our other founder members.. But would be nice to get some of the investment back from membership fee's!.

Good Luck anyways.. Hope it works out for you in the longer term
    I know that feeling only too well !!

You are right - if it gives you pleasure then it is all worth it but it is surprising at just how few newcomers are prepared to come along and give indoor target shooting a try.

It never used to be this hard in the 1970's to tempt a few more to give the sport a try, but keep going as some will come and some will go (for all kinds of reasons) but a slow build is probably better in the longer term and you will end up with a good solid core of members that really want to be there that are prepared to take the rough with the smooth and to get stuck-in when a little help is needed to keep things going or to make them better!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

jalan01 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I know that feeling only too well !!

You are right - if it gives you pleasure then it is all worth it but it is surprising at just how few newcomers are prepared to come along and give indoor target shooting a try.

It never used to be this hard in the 1970's to tempt a few more to give the sport a try, but keep going as some will come and some will go (for all kinds of reasons) but a slow build is probably better in the longer term and you will end up with a good solid core of members that really want to be there that are prepared to take the rough with the smooth and to get stuck-in when a little help is needed to keep things going or to make them better!
    Thanks.. I hope so.. specially with winter on it's way!. It's not just target shooting.. in fact we do very little of that most sessions.. We do Practical Pistol with a 16 target cof and Steel Plate Speed Shooting.. I have been involved in many sports over the years and this is proving to be one of the most exciting and competitive yet!.

New Club

May Run a HFT COMP If we get enough people interested.

New Club

Hi Folks
    Still shooting at the quarry even in the wind.

The prices have been reduced so check out there web page springviewranges for full details.

spring view ranges

Hi All
    We are still up and running and looking to open a full bore range very soon.
    Please check out our web page for more information.

http://www.springviewranges.co.uk/index.php