Thread: TX200HC vs HW97k Head-to-Head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    That made interesting reading thanks. I have owned in the past two HW97k's, a .20 for a short while and a brand new .22. I have had for a few years now a TX200hc MkII and a B40 both .22. For me the TX is the noisiest in terms of muzzle rapport, the B40 is noticeably quieter and can't remember the HW being noisy. Out in the open fields they are all quiet enough. The TX for me feels more comfortable and natural to use, stock on the Bam feels dead, can't really explain? The stock on the HW felt unrefined but having an HW80 since 1986 this was not really a problem
    All three are deadly accurate and have little down sides but all are worthy guns
    For me personally my favourite is
    UL: TX200hc
    BB: HW80k
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

All the 97 needs to resolve all it's issues is a couple of nylon washers in the piston at the front of the spring - the cost is negligible and I can't imagine why weihrauch don't simply add them at the factory (and call it 'tuned' obviously).

Oh - and I rate my 97 over my TX as well..
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Funny that..... I am sat here at my desk having just put the short stroke kit back on my TX. So I have a rest for a minute and read this. Having test fired the TX for a few shots all I can say is that it is a lovely shooting thing - but I still prefer my 97 too!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    All the 97 needs to resolve all it's issues is a couple of nylon washers in the piston at the front of the spring - the cost is negligible and I can't imagine why weihrauch don't simply add them at the factory (and call it 'tuned' obviously).

Oh - and I rate my 97 over my TX as well..
    .....and a snug-fitting spring-guide to get rid of that ruddy TWANG

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

I've owned all of these rifles and recently sold my V Glided HW97K and currently own-and am delighted with -a slightly modified left handed TX200HC with walnut stock and Rowan trigger blade. This lovely gun- and stock bought separately- cost me half what I received when I sold the HW97K and its performance is as good in every way although the Ginb stock I used on the HW97K was fantastic. Stupidly I flirted for the 4th time with a Pro Sport but I now fully understand that nothing can alter the fact that it IS a right handed rifle and even with a lovely left handed stock it just isn't as comfortable to use as either the TX200 or HW97K. Whilst it is superbly accurate, the cocking and loading is a pain in the arris for me. Why did I bother to try one again?? I've honestly no idea.
    A lot of TX owners seem to hate the anti beartrap but it doesn't worry me at all.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 30-05-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Decisions

Good review, timely too as I'm in the middle of deciding between the two models for my first rifle.

Most likely to be the TX purely based on the fact that I think I've found a cracking example at a price I want to pay. I wanted the HW97 but for some reason most on the used market are in 22 and I want 177. Both top rifles though.

as you may of noticed in my posts .... i have just got a tx200hc in .177 ... its the first ,177 i have ever owned or shot .... its left handed in wallnut and a truely beautiful looking thing .
    I was so surprised by the accuracy of it and have to be totally honest in saying that on my 40-45 yard range it is just as accurate as my s410 carbine ... and i NEVER EVER thought a springer would be !!
    im no marksman but after a short while with the tx200hc i can place a 5 shot group under a 5p coin at 40 - 45 yards which astonished me ..... i havent tried the hw97 but have a mate who has one and we will be shooting togeather so i will give it a go .....
    but for now i have to say hand on heart my tx200hc wont be going anywhere ..... its DEFINATLY a keeper and ive never ever been so delighted with a rifle

Nice comparison. Thanks for that.

I must admit Im really taken with he new "fish scaled" stock of the TX200HC especially in the walnut Arm Arms source. Would love to shoot one.

This is a most interesting review.

I'm a left handed shooter and have both an HW97K and an Air Arms TX200HC both in .177 and I too, made a comparison test as un-biased as possible. I found the HW97K topped it for cocking and handling but, both were equal in accuracy. Having to swap hands when loading is not a desirable element for safety. But... A single 10-pellet hole group at 40 yards is beautiful to see and both my rifles were this accurate.

As I have both rifles and a .22 HW77 I can only say all three are the best underlever spring rifles there is. I love them.

Regards to all who own these fine sporting rifles.

Simon