Thread: TX200HC vs HW97k Head-to-Head

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Good review !

Had a 97KT .177 for a while and it was a superb air rifle. Only recently acquired a Mk. 2 TX200h/c in .22 with a dark L/H stock and despite the bear trap, I really rate it ! OK, both are heavy, I wouldn't want to to lug either around my shoots as they are far too hilly and cover a large area.
    Like the idea of the synth. stock on the 97KT option though. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but I like them on my guns, especially for use in lousy weather.
    As such, they get wet through, I get the odd dent and bang on the stock but thats all part of the game.
    Since posting this, I've got really chummy with my TX.
    Yep, I have a few nice tuned Vy-rarrks and I love em but this TX teamed up with a Simmo Pro Air Rocks !
    Looking at it, I'm thinking that it and its ilk have got to be the best spring air rifle available out of the box for the money !
    “An airgun or two”………

tx or 97

i've had both and currently have a .177tx . out of the box there is no comparison, the tx wins hands down. the 97 is a fine rifle as all hw's but the tx is just a little more refined in fit, finish and operation
    B.A.S.C. member

I too have owned both and the TX is light years ahead in terms of accuracy, fit, finish and quality. Rare thing indeed to say that about a British product next to a German one!

Had 77 and 97s and both where good guns but prefer the TX. Mines a std beacher in .22 and I'm well chuffed with it.
    Still on the heavy side as per 77/97 but just feels right and i don't find the bear trap an issue. Im even starting to hit
    the target with it now so happy days.
    Tim

hw98

i have a hw98 but would like a tx200 i also have an airarms s410 but my lad uses that i prefer the springers