Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TX200HC vs HW97k Head-to-Head

tx or 97

i've had both and currently have a .177tx . out of the box there is no comparison, the tx wins hands down. the 97 is a fine rifle as all hw's but the tx is just a little more refined in fit, finish and operation
    B.A.S.C. member

I too have owned both and the TX is light years ahead in terms of accuracy, fit, finish and quality. Rare thing indeed to say that about a British product next to a German one!

Had 77 and 97s and both where good guns but prefer the TX. Mines a std beacher in .22 and I'm well chuffed with it.
    Still on the heavy side as per 77/97 but just feels right and i don't find the bear trap an issue. Im even starting to hit
    the target with it now so happy days.
    Tim

hw98

i have a hw98 but would like a tx200 i also have an airarms s410 but my lad uses that i prefer the springers

Thank you Dunk for that review, I know it's dated but the same I feel holds true today, as i'm sat debating which one to buy and the struggle I'm having is justifying the £110 price difference new. Both as beech stocks.

Yours is an impartial review which is a breath of fresh reading having read many others that seem to be from one fan boy (very few, read none, fan girls in the airgun world it seems) or the other. Engineering and build quality seem very similar, and fully agree with an earlier poster that wiehrauch should simply add the spring guide/top hat and put to bed the twang complaint.

Many thanks,

popgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk1302 View Post
    Since writing this I've put another hundred or so pellets through both guns, and the TX has settled down to a much healthier 11.4 ftlbs - even Bis Mags & Hobby's stay well under the limit - I'll just have to keep an eye on the power in case it creeps back up.

Unfortunately, the HW hasn't changed at all: still low on power (9.8 - 10.2 ftlbs) and twangy. I've already ordered one of Welsh Willy's fine kits for it.

Consequently, the above scores will have the TX edging it over the HW.
    Just acquired a nearly new 97KT and it chrono-ed at the club between 9.8 and 10.5 ... with one close to 12. I agree with all your findings ... the TX is a better rifle for me out of the box though. Cannot believe the twang either on the 97. Will be going to Nick Simmons for a proper tune (frankly, these rifles shouldn't need it).

Had both and the 97K had been tuned professionally.
    Sold the 97 and have a .177 TRex full length...i prefer the AA.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin