Thread: Airsporter S valuation

Airsporter S valuation

Wondering about the value of a boxed virtually unused version of above in 177
    With all peperwork etc

There were several Airsporter S's done over the years. Need a picture to tell all. Each blemish knocks off a tenner but still should be on the £200 mark even with the odd mark. £260 is about tops as most factory rifles of this time seem to hit a wall at this price point. .177 are rarer than .22 and the S's are very desirable to the point if someone offered you £300 you wouldn't be robbing them either. If it seems odd to give three prices then thats just how odd the market can be; it all on the day.

There's one offered at the moment, not boxed, but very very nice (hope someone buys it soon... or I may be in trouble!)

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....A-Airsporter-S

I'm sure someone will, but the fact that it has not been vacuumed up within minutes indicates that the pricing is about right, rather than a giveaway.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

The one for sale is lovely and if I didn't have two then I'd be tempted. One to shoot and have fun with; probably the later model and really nice wood, but not a collectable having the rather nice moderator. Heck buy it, enjoy it, and sell it for what you paid for it in a few years time if you look after it. As an Airsporter S shooter thats probably as nice an example as it gets.

I wonder if I could tag a question on this please! just picked up a series 1 in .22 GM serial number good condition, what would be the going rate for one in .22, nice blonde walnut stock

There are a few used Blond ones about and just not as pretty as later S's nor that different from the older standard Airsporter. I prefer the later ones with the darker wood and the better underlever catch. However, they are collectable and fine farmyard range rifles; Airsporters are great shot with open sights standing. Mint your talking good money but used then only a small premium over a standard example; so £150. A bit like the Webley Vulcan Deluxe, which, though rare, just aren't up to the competition accuracy wise of the German's and Theobens so never get that good a price. Shame really.

yes have one of the latter ones myself, but picked this one up as well.