Thread: hawke sidewinder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

hawke sidewinder

sold my 4/14/42 sidewinder mill dot , and treated myself to a new hawke sidewinder 8/32.56 with sr pro retical.these scopes are good.very clear and bright,well made.very happy with it.had a lend of a friends gun today fitted with mtc 8/32/56 viper.this scope seemed much sharper and brighter. know if this is a personal thing or has mtc got the edge?? bit or a rubbish review I know,but anyone thinking of buying a sidewinder also checkout viper.also its a bit cheaper.

I've got a Sidewinder 4-16x50 10x 1/2 mildot, without doubt the finest mil-dot ret I have yet found, & to my eye at least superb glass.

How does the viper compare ? unfortunatly I find many mil-dots way too thick & clumsy.

I went from a viper to a sidewinder, the viper kept misting up. I also prefere the sidewinder ret.
    Wake up, there's no father christmas, no tooth fairy and no god. Get over it

why i like hawke sidewinders

I like my 4/14/42 sidewinder mill dot , and treated myself to a new hawke sidewinder 4/16+50 with a mill dot reticle. these are brilliant scopes .very clear and bright, well made. very very happy, i was going to buy a viper scope ,just before xmas for a change , but as i use the target turrets B.D.C. instead of all the mill dots , the man at the shop said hawke was better for me than the viper, you get more clicks with a sidewinder , than a viper what he meant was i did not have to turn the turret round as far with my hawke , IE set up 30yd slacken top turret and turn the turret to 0 then 40yd 2 click .45yd 3click 50yd 5 click ets. anyway that's a very good reason why i love hawke sidewinders , i no my way is old fashioned bud its very very accurite. i hope this helps thanks bob.
    Last edited by fife; 19-01-2023 at 10:23 AM. Reason: spellings

I had an MTC viper 6-24x56 on my old HW100 and was to big, heavy misted up, i have now got 2 x sidewinder 30 4-16x50 on both my Daystates and they are loads more suitable for where i shoot.